Eat My Heart Out.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Ludwig Venter

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Our local "bid or buy" has this tank on an auction which closes today. The current leading bid is R3000.... This equates to about $390 or around 250 b/pounds... it comes with all live rock and marine life & all the current equipment... it is 3m x 1m.

Unfortunately, it has to be dismantled and collected by the buyer and it is about 300km from where I'm living.... If only I lived closer or had a means of transporting it....

Marinetank.jpg

Oh man that looks nice!

OMG!!!!!!!... I have just placed a bid on it at R4,000...... It closes on 19th January at 23h00... Somehow, I hope somebody outbids me.... somehow, I hope they do not!!!... If you win the bid, you are committed!... How will I ever collect it and transport it back home?.... I am so deep in it.... I may regret my decision!... But, it is done!

keep us informed I hope you win it but then I feel for you with the transportation! Fingers crossed! Which way to go?! :lol:

keep us informed I hope you win it but then I feel for you with the transportation! Fingers crossed! Which way to go?! :lol:

My boss (not my wife) :lol: has a little truck where this tank would protrude by about 1m.... I can ask him for the loan or rental of his truck... but then... getting back home?... the tank would obviously be drained to 10% of it's water content.... What should I have ready to refill the tank??.... and so many other logistics to think about... WHAT ARE THEY??? (panic stations, and I have not even won the bid yet)!

My boss (not my wife) :lol: has a little truck where this tank would protrude by about 1m.... I can ask him for the loan or rental of his truck... but then... getting back home?... the tank would obviously be drained to 10% of it's water content.... What should I have ready to refill the tank??.... and so many other logistics to think about... WHAT ARE THEY??? (panic stations, and I have not even won the bid yet)!
A tank that size with 10% water still in will be extremely heavy and I think you risk breaking the glass while trying to move it! What is the water capacity? 1 litre of water weighs roughly 1Kg, 10% of capacity plus tank weight You may be able to compete with Mr Universe! :shifty:

A tank that size with 10% water still in will be extremely heavy and I think you risk breaking the glass while trying to move it! What is the water capacity? 1 litre of water weighs roughly 1Kg, 10% of capacity plus tank weight You may be able to compete with Mr Universe! :shifty:

Naw!.. I'll take at least 4 of my employees with and book them on "overtime" plus pay them a little from the back pocket.... That should do it.

I am so pleased to announce that somebody did outbid me.... Thank goodnes!! It was a major bargain, (actual value R25,000 - 2085BP, or $3,300) but no way I could have collected..

Now!!!... I see this at a fixed price of R40,000.... (3,300BP or $5,270).... somebody - please stop me!!! (this is also about 400km from where I live)

Prosetup.jpg

and it comes with:

Return pumps: eheim compact 3000+(x6)
Resun 2000l/h powerheads (x6)
Tanks: 1200x600x450 (+/-300L) (x12)
Sumps: 1200x450x450 (+/-200L) (x6)
Heaters: 300w Jagger (x12)
Air blower (x1, more than enough for all the tanks)
Storage tanks: 2500l JoJo (x1) Atlas 1000l (x1)
WaterBoy RO unit(x1, produces roughly 500l of Reverse Osmosis water perday) current tds about 4-6
Lighting: Osram dual54w electronic t5 ballasts (x18) tanks have a combination of blue and white tubes, and sumps 2x6400K tubes.
Inline 3000l/h pump from storage tanks.
Stands: Square tubing, more than enough reinforcing and redundancy. powder coated.
XXL sponge filters (x24)
and im sure there is a couple of extras that i forgot to mention now.
This has to be collected

I am tempted.... Stop me!!

I am so pleased to announce that somebody did outbid me.... Thank goodnes!! It was a major bargain, (actual value R25,000 - 2085BP, or $3,300) but no way I could have collected..

Now!!!... I see this at a fixed price of R40,000.... (3,300BP or $5,270).... somebody - please stop me!!! (this is also about 400km from where I live)

Prosetup.jpg

and it comes with:

WaterBoy RO unit(x1, produces roughly 500l of Reverse Osmosis water perday) current tds about 4-6
Lighting: Osram dual54w electronic t5 ballasts (x18) tanks have a combination of blue and white tubes, and sumps 2x6400K tubes.
Stands: Square tubing, more than enough reinforcing and redundancy. powder coated.
XXL sponge filters (x24)
This has to be collected

Do it its what you really want :hey: Isn't it :S but then :no: :nod: :no: :nod: :no: :nod: :no: :nod: :hey:

Prosetup.jpg

and it comes with:

XXL sponge filters (x24)
This has to be collected

Do it its what you really want :hey: Isn't it :S but then :no: :nod: :no: :nod: :no: :nod: :no: :nod: :hey:

You are the Devil... aren't you???

i second rdp50734 nominaton XD

get it

Prosetup.jpg

and it comes with:

XXL sponge filters (x24)
This has to be collected

You are the Devil... aren't you???
yes temptation is my speciality! Take it and join me! Dont worry about things until it happens! Buy it Buy it BUY IT!!!! But worry about getting it back later! :hey:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back