Characterization of Hobbyist Ornamental fish production

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Since I participated in this study as one who filled out the questionaire, I would love to have a link to the paper if it has been published. While I am not a scientist, I have relied on the science for years to help me in this hobby. I think I have about 150 or more relevant papers book marked.

Most of the fish I work with are endangered, or close to it, in the wild. I am a big fan of the B&W Hypancistrus from the Big Bend of the Rio Xingu in Brazil.

I have also been involved in importing some of these from fish farms in Asia. The fact that some of the more potentially endangered species are being farmed by responsible breeding operations has insured that species which may become extinct in the wild can still exist in captivity. If this is left to just folks like me, not enough numbers and/or genetic diversity can be the result.

Since I participated in this study as one who filled out the questionaire, I would love to have a link to the paper if it has been published. While I am not a scientist, I have relied on the science for years to help me in this hobby. I think I have about 150 or more relevant papers book marked.
Thank you for your comment, the paper is still under peer review. This process normally takes quite a long time, my last paper took 10 months to reach publication. But I certainly will be making the data available once it is published.

Hi Everyone,

I am pleased to announce the publication of this work!

The link to the paper can be found here https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aqrep.2023.101503

It is open access so everyone is able to read for free.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask 🙂

Thank you to everyone who took part 🙂
Congratulations on the publication. I've just read the article and this topic. How could I have missed this topic in the first place?
Yes, fish breeding (especially the serious fish breeding projects) among hobbyists is a downgraded aspect in the commercial trade of ornamental fish breeding despite of the fact that hobby fish breeding has been along all the time.
And again congratulations, I enjoyed the reading... 👍

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back