Easy starter plants

Guyb93

Fish Herder
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
Hi all I have finally got the stocking I feel is ok I have a 4ft 70g and stock 4 electric blue acara 2 convicts and a leopard Sailfin pleco Be honest thinking about adding another pair of eba ... maybe , but all my plants are plastic , looks ok but we would all love to scrap the plastic and go organic so Iv orderd a few Marimo moss balls to add because I know they are so easy they require no attention but would like to start getting more species of plants I really don’t want to use anything special just add some root feed now and again are there any plants that would be ideal for this my fish are slightly digging but no overly just any ideas of plants for lazy people is great thnks

Anacharis is great for lazy people (not that I’m lazy... :look:). It grows super fast, and all you have to do is throw it in the tank, and give it light.

Amazon swords grow big, and a couple of those in the back would really help fill in the tank. Do you have gravel or sand?

Amazon sword plants and anubias would be good to start, plus anacharis.

Anacharis is great for lazy people (not that I’m lazy... :look:). It grows super fast, and all you have to do is throw it in the tank, and give it light.

Amazon swords grow big, and a couple of those in the back would really help fill in the tank. Do you have gravel or sand?
Currently have half gravel half sand like ying yang as my pleco loves the sand and the others prefer gravel strangely enough think cus food is easier to find lol are these plants common found in fish stores as I have a good aquatic place right by me just with the Covid restrictions it’s a nightmare to get in there

Yes, all the plants I mentioned are very easy to find. You can also look on Craigslist (if you are in the USA) or GumTree (if you are in the UK).

Yes, all the plants I mentioned are very easy to find. You can also look on Craigslist (if you are in the USA) or GumTree (if you are in the UK).
Thanks For the help ,will the plants live off the minerals in the water being soft water or will I need a root feed of some sort

Thanks For the help ,will the plants live off the minerals in the water being soft water or will I need a root feed of some sort
What is your pH?

The Amazon sword will definitely need root tabs.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back