dyed or not dyed that is the question

juanveldez

helping big fish eat little fish everyday
Reaction score
so I have been researching apostogramma cacuatues( I know that my spelling sucks)
but there is one thing that I have noticed and that is that there is alot of different "types" of them. my one question is are they all color morphs or are they dyed? I am hoping to get some in the future but if they are dyed then, and I am sure that CM would agree with this and that is no

juan,

There are MANY forms of Apistogramma, not limited to the cacatuoides complex. It is unlikely that any of these fabulous fish are dyed.

As with any fish, be careful of your source as it is not uncommon for hybrids to occur. A reputable dealer or breeder is the best way to go.

CM

I have a male Apistogramma Agassizi 'double red', a real stunner he is too - as CM said, there are a lot of colour morphs around....

Gibbo's fish

He's in this set of pics... :)

macquatic also has an apisto that has gone to the great fish bowl in the sky. gorgeous fish though. thinking of doing them in the living room.

thanks guys I didn't mean to shun you off I have been a bit busy lately. I guess that the world has just gone crazy cause you know that when there are 200,000 troops in the gulf alone and they plan on sending more......but that is a bedtime story for another place. but thanks I have counted at least 4 different morphs and I was beginning to wonder.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back