Dwarf Gourami Suggestions

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I think I am going to go with Powder Blue Dwarf, if either of my LFS ever get any in, also would 1 male be ok on his own if I cant get any females?

Great choice! My Powder Blue was a truly great fish but he died recently, not sure why. I suspect Dwarf Gourami Disease but he showed no symptoms prior to dying. He had a small darker blue patch on his belly, which could very well be DGD but I can't be certain.

If you do decide to go with a Dwarf make sure you buy him from a tank that has no fish that appear unhealthy. That's about all you can do.

I think I am going to go with Powder Blue Dwarf, if either of my LFS ever get any in, also would 1 male be ok on his own if I cant get any females?

Great choice! My Powder Blue was a truly great fish but he died recently, not sure why. I suspect Dwarf Gourami Disease but he showed no symptoms prior to dying. He had a small darker blue patch on his belly, which could very well be DGD but I can't be certain.

If you do decide to go with a Dwarf make sure you buy him from a tank that has no fish that appear unhealthy. That's about all you can do.

What is that fish in your avatar??

What is that fish in your avatar??

That is a very colorful picture of a Pearl Gourami male. I have a picture in my signature of a Pearl Gourami male named King Leeri to the left, an Opaline female just below & in front of him. If you look all the way to the right down toward the bottom you can see my female Pearl Gourami, named Sadie.

Pearls are the least aggressive of the larger Gouramis and I wouldn't trade mine for anything. You may be able to add a pair to your tank depending on the other fish & the size of the tank.

Here's a Picture of King Leeri, Duke of Bowfront:

DSCN0198.jpg

I got my gouramis today! I selected two honey gouramis! I went into my lfs and they had a tank full of very young gouramis...about the size of a 10p if not a tiny bit smaller and they were all very vibrant and colourful and seemed very happy. I went in intending to get golden loaches but i couldnt pass these guys up as they dont get them very often. Priced very good in my opinion...the pair were £7.50! They seem to be ok in the tank apart from hiding alot and if they do come out and notice me looking at them they go back into hiding. But they are beautiful and i love them! Will post pics when they arent so shy!

I got my gouramis today! I selected two honey gouramis! I went into my lfs and they had a tank full of very young gouramis...about the size of a 10p if not a tiny bit smaller and they were all very vibrant and colourful and seemed very happy. I went in intending to get golden loaches but i couldnt pass these guys up as they dont get them very often. Priced very good in my opinion...the pair were £7.50! They seem to be ok in the tank apart from hiding alot and if they do come out and notice me looking at them they go back into hiding. But they are beautiful and i love them! Will post pics when they arent so shy!

What color Honeys did you get? Pics would be great...........

What color Honeys did you get? Pics would be great...........

Golden honey gouramis, I will get a pic as soon as they stop hiding long enough to take one!

Nice pic! Any idea if you have males or females? I still can't tell with mine, I thought I had males but now I'm not too sure?

Nice pic! Any idea if you have males or females? I still can't tell with mine, I thought I had males but now I'm not too sure?

Im pretty sure they are both male, but so young you just cant tell. they arent aggressive towards each other at all, it was quite funny the other day, one was feeling the other one with its "feelers" but they were happy. I might get one more and try to make sure its a female but I think im pretty stocked at this point.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back