Dwarf Gourami Suggestions

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Torred1771

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I know im quite a while away from getting dwarf gouramis but can you guys please post pics of yours here? I am really torn between honey, red flame, and powder blue ones. I think ill go for one male two female.

I know im quite a while away from getting dwarf gouramis but can you guys please post pics of yours here? I am really torn between honey, red flame, and powder blue ones. I think ill go for one male two female.
imo i prefer the neon dwarf gouramis instead of the red dwarfs and honies

the ratio is also kul it will work :) i would post a pic but i dont have any anymore i lost mine for some reason you do have to be careful they are quite sensitive

Honey gouramis are a different species from dwarf gouramis, and personally I would go for honeys every time. They come in wild coloured (gold-tan male, beige female) yellow and red, with the last two being colours developed by selective breeding.

here's my male dwarf gourami

gourami.jpg

The mighty Powder Blue Dwarf Gourami rules all!

Behold King Powder, Lord of the Fry

DSCN0455.jpg

DSCN0505.jpg

DSCN0493-1.jpg

Honey Gouramis are an entirely different, slightly smaller species:

(Click the middle of the picture for a quick video)

I think I am going to go with Powder Blue Dwarf, if either of my LFS ever get any in, also would 1 male be ok on his own if I cant get any females?

no, almost all male gouramis do fine on there own, but some gouramis would not be a good choice for the tank, as they get too big and aggresive

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back