dumb question

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Sgooosh

Fish Maniac
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
so i saw a lot of people training their archer fish, bettas and gouramis to jump out of water to catch prey
but i tried doing it with guppies and they dont do anything

Not guppies, really there name gives it away, that they are not going to be up to much. Archer fish really easy to train and African Butterflies, also Blue Gouramis, get something like a popsicle stick ( Ice block stick ) put a little grated ox heart on it and have it just above the water in front of their noses they will take it, slowly move it further away. I'm going to put up Charlie eating again just because I love this photo
DSC00898.JPG

I've taught my betta to jump out of the water and get bloodworms.

I have also trained my clownfish to jump out and grab mysis.

(Guppies aren't very highly developed :S )

I've taught my betta to jump out of the water and get bloodworms.

I have also trained my clownfish to jump out and grab mysis.

(Guppies aren't very highly developed :S )
oooh
id love to see the clownfish'
yes i wish guppy could do trick
what fish are very smart and compatible with guppies?

oooh
id love to see the clownfish'
yes i wish guppy could do trick
what fish are very smart and compatible with guppies?
The smartest fish I ever kept was Charlie the Oscar. He would see the car come up the drive and be waiting looking out the window when we walked back down the drive. He would jump up and knock the lid of the tank so we would know he was hungry. Cool fish

I wouldn't get fish based on their intelligence, just my opinion.
haha no thats not what i mean lol
like a cool centerpiece fish that can bond with me
my swordtails are currently the big centerpiece and they just had babies but my swordtails are so timid always

haha no thats not what i mean lol
like a cool centerpiece fish that can bond with me
my swordtails are currently the big centerpiece and they just had babies but my swordtails are so timid always
You so need a tank with a couple of Oscars. They are more entertaining than any bird or cat that I have had.

I met an Oscar a few months ago…tsk tsk tsk …too cute…no no no cuz he’s not nano so not my neighborhood …but I still think about it lol

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back