dumb question

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

yep! they are super fast!. forrest gump is actually secretly very smart lol

Forrest had his moments. He knew what mattered. Tom Hanks killed it, as always. But read the book vs the movie. Two different stories! Both amazing.

But if you want fish that you can train, bettas and cichlids are the way to go. You can't go wrong with either. But guppies cool.

My fish are not trained but they have learnt the lighting routine.

I usually get up and about at 4am every day and put the very low intensity blue lighting on in the aquariums, the fish just start getting their act together without being spooked by the usual bright white lighting that comes with the aquariums. About an hour later the lighting changes to very low intensity purple, every time I change the light to purple they all start to mingle under the feed flap....they literally stop whatever they are doing and congregate uder the flap. I feed them and once all 5 aquariums are sorted I then go to the full very low intensity white lighting (its around 6am). Then around the 2pm I change the lighting to low intensity blue and they all start finding their spots for the night, lights off at 3pm and thats it til 4am the next day.

The Danio's and Cories get a bit hyper zoomies after lights out for an hour or two but the rest settle down for the night under the plants, in the caves or in the holes they dug when under afternoon blue lighting.

I close the curtains at 4pm and rarely, if ever, use table lamps and those I do use are enclosed so the fish are not disturbed too much and they are all used to the TV in the lounge and bedroom and sleep through it fine.

Their activty levels are entirely governed by the lighting colouring and timings.

You so need a tank with a couple of Oscars. They are more entertaining than any bird or cat that I have had.
My uncle had Oscars and Piranhas (not together) when I was a kid and he had me and my cousins catching crickets at sunset to feed them...fun and traumatising at the same time

Oh they’re amazing❣️ I started noticing them more when I actually saw it kept in a giant body of water…more than enough for it to coil up and do it’s thing …in aquariums I didn’t understand them or why ppl liked them and why so many incidents.

awesome tips
i used to have cichlids and they jumped for mosquitoes out of the tank

My fish are not trained but they have learnt the lighting routine.

I usually get up and about at 4am every day and put the very low intensity blue lighting on in the aquariums, the fish just start getting their act together without being spooked by the usual bright white lighting that comes with the aquariums. About an hour later the lighting changes to very low intensity purple, every time I change the light to purple they all start to mingle under the feed flap....they literally stop whatever they are doing and congregate uder the flap. I feed them and once all 5 aquariums are sorted I then go to the full very low intensity white lighting (its around 6am). Then around the 2pm I change the lighting to low intensity blue and they all start finding their spots for the night, lights off at 3pm and thats it til 4am the next day.

The Danio's and Cories get a bit hyper zoomies after lights out for an hour or two but the rest settle down for the night under the plants, in the caves or in the holes they dug when under afternoon blue lighting.

I close the curtains at 4pm and rarely, if ever, use table lamps and those I do use are enclosed so the fish are not disturbed too much and they are all used to the TV in the lounge and bedroom and sleep through it fine.

Their activty levels are entirely governed by the lighting colouring and timings.

@wasmewasntit Can I ask why you get up so early?, for me it is because my dog (and I) like to go for a walk at this time.

ATB

@wasmewasntit Can I ask why you get up so early?, for me it is because my dog (and I) like to go for a walk at this time.

ATB
I had to retire from my job 15 years ago. My job meant getting up at 4am every day. My body accepts that I can have a lie in but the braincell in charge of the inbuilt alarm clock refuses to co-operate.

Dwarf Cichlids might only catch fry if they can find them and these are very smart little fish.
no.... i keep the fry with them
Dwarf Cichlids might only catch fry if they can find them and these are very smart little fish.
tbh i just want a centerpiece fish that i can train or something
gouramis?
i can get a tiny one and make it not eat Guppy!
oh yeah side question
can rams and gouramis live in flow

no.... i keep the fry with them

tbh i just want a centerpiece fish that i can train or something
gouramis?
i can get a tiny one and make it not eat Guppy!
oh yeah side question
can rams and gouramis live in flow
I'm still struggling to appreciate why the natural behaviour of dwarf cichlids isn't enough?

The only fish that won't try to eat guppy fry when they come across them in a tank are those that don't have a mouth big enough, such as Golden Pencilfish, Nannostomus literally means 'small mouth'.

EDIT: Last sentence added.

I'm still struggling to appreciate why the natural behaviour of dwarf cichlids isn't enough?

The only fish that won't try to eat guppy fry when they come across them in a tank are those that don't have a mouth big enough, such as Golden Pencilfish, Nannostomus literally means 'small mouth'.

EDIT: Last sentence added.
pencilfish look like a mid water algae eater, they are cool!
Meaning in flowing water?
Both rams and gourami prefer very slow moving waters. Gourami more so.
that makes sense
thanks

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back