Dru's Malawi Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

sorry guys, but due to circumstances beyond my control over certain postings i feel that i no longer will be posting on this forum.

i hope my visit here was seen by most as fairly posative experience, despite if my opinions would somethings come across in a way that certain people could perhaps find upsetting.

bye bye all and maybe catch you around on different forums where things are a little bit more relaxed and easy going and certain people don't bite your head off if you have a differnece of opinion.

good luck with all of your african and malawi setups :D

All the best

Dru.

Not upsetting just not very tactful at putting them across. If you want to debate then you cannot have it all your own way. People have the right of their opinions. Once someone doesn't agree with you, you tell them to stop posting. What's that all about?

sorry guys, but due to circumstances beyond my control over certain postings i feel that i no longer will be posting on this forum.

i hope my visit here was seen by most as fairly posative experience, despite if my opinions would somethings come across in a way that certain people could perhaps find upsetting.

bye bye all and maybe catch you around on different forums where things are a little bit more relaxed and easy going and certain people don't bite your head off if you have a differnece of opinion.

good luck with all of your african and malawi setups :D

All the best

Dru.

Not upsetting just not very tactful at putting them across. If you want to debate then you cannot have it all your own way. People have the right of their opinions. Once someone doesn't agree with you, you tell them to stop posting. What's that all about?

yeah i agree ppl have the right to opinions, and by putting your tank on a forum your open to opinions and criticism, but there is no need for sarcasm and rudeness when giving your opinion.

the thing is what works for some doesn't for others, if some ppl weren't so close minded with the routine and set up they have created, and were able to give complements for acheiving a set up that IS working for others, there would be no rudeness.

unless something has gone wrong or someone has asked for advice i will keep opinions on how ppl select their stock and how they run their tank to myself. just because we are faceless ppl on the other end of a computer there is no reason to be sarcastic. that means you tattoodfishfan!

Once again a thread on this site has gone from honest and helpful discussion into juvenile posturing and namecalling.

A few weeks ago a lot of threads went this way but the main instigator disappeared and I started to enjoy this forum and learned a few things. It seems we are to be plagued with it again.

After reading the other thread that went this way today, I am also going to spend my time elsewhere.

Thank you to all those you offered me good advice.

Good luck.

:(

Dru and Biff: I wish you wouldn't leave. I have enjoyed your posts. The name calling and rudeness is against TFF rules. It only takes one immature member to ruin it for everyone. But instead of you leaving let's just inform the mod and admin as they have asked. If you have a thread that is being used to have a go, then report to the mods. This weekend wuvmybetta had to close 3 threads in the Betta board because of these kinds of ego trips. The vast majority of members don't like them. But if the civil people go, what is left?

I apologize, Dru, for everything I did to encourage the rudeness. I considered reporting the outburst, but because it was your thread, and I promised Cheffi, I let it go. I knew the thread would get closed, and I didn't want to usurp your prerogatives.

Name calling usually only starts when one poster cannot cope with having his/her opinions challenged and tells others to 'shut up'. Not on. If you want to air your opinions, no matter how self-opinionated you are then give others the courtesy to air theirs and we'll all be happy. It's called debate.

Cheffi, up to now this can in no way be called a debate. This is a freeforall.

With a little restraint, it could become a debate/discussion.

A legitimate discussion on proper tank stocking would be informative, not inflamatory. And hijacking Dru's thread is not the way to have that discussion.

Try to stick to the subject in someone's thread.

I am known to love a good debate and exchange of views, but this sort of nonsence does not promote that.

Cheffi, up to now this can in no way be called a debate. This is a freeforall.

With a little restraint, it could become a debate/discussion.

A legitimate discussion on proper tank stocking would be informative, not inflamatory. And hijacking Dru's thread is not the way to have that discussion.

Try to stick to the subject in someone's thread.

I am known to love a good debate and exchange of views, but this sort of nonsence does not promote that.

Sue I'm not sure why you feel it necessary to single me out and preach to me about debate when we have been pm'ing each other all morning. Why drag it back to the open forum?????????????????

It's the middle of the night in California. :D

Sorry, Cheffi, I was just responding with my understanding of a debate, which is a little different, than a discussion. I should have been clear on what was specifically addressed to you and what was meant to be general. It's easy to get a little thinned skinned sometimes.

It's the middle of the night in California. :D

Sorry, Cheffi, I was just responding with my understanding of a debate, which is a little different, than a discussion. I should have been clear on what was specifically addressed to you and what was meant to be general. It's easy to get a little thinned skinned sometimes.

Better than being thick skinned :good: :D

Please don't leave Druchii, I for one enjoy your posts.

Why should one person yelling count for more than the several people who have made positive contributions to this post? My experience of fish forums is that they all go through these phases; whether they get out of them or not, depends on who stays around and who leaves. Are you saying this is a bad forum because of three or four angry posts, posted by the same person, possibly someone who has already been banned once, out of a thread of 5 pages of mainly pleasant and calm contributions?

I do find this happens a lot on the forum atm, actually: one bad-tempered person is taken as a sign that the forum is going downhill, and 10 posters who work hard contributing to the discussion seem to go unnoticed. Please show your appreciation of the nice people and stay around and carry on sharing your research with us.

I don't often visit this section of the site, and as you probably know juan is in Iraq at the moment. Thanks for letting me know about the problem, it has been dealt with. As many previously have said one bad apple can really ruin it for everyone.

This has made me realise that we do need an additional moderator for this section, so... can I ask members to nominate via PM any individuals who they think might make a good candidate.

Many thanks,will.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back