what I read...
Bleach, rinse then let it dry out. At ambient temperature, Chlorine is a gas. When the wood drys out, any remaining chlorine will gas out. I cannot give you any supporting studies/links on this. I did discuss this with our tenant, a PhD chemistry student who basically said that should work.
I would add one more soaking period with Prime to neutralise any remaining chlorine.
For the tank I am setting up, I filled up an unused hot tub with wood I collected. I soak it for 3 days using a heavy dose of bleach. I then soak the wood for 4 weeks in plain water with numerous water changes. Since it is a new tank, I will add activated carbon to the filter to remove any remain chlorine before I add fish. I will also use Prime.