Cory’s and driftwood…

Magnum Man37 152

Fish Maniac
Tank of the Month 🏆
Fish of the Month 🌟
Joined
Jun 21, 2023
Messages
7,658
Reaction score
6,918
Points
113
Location
Southern MN
it’s well known about cory’s and sand, but I have fine worn river gravel in my tank that holds my sterbai and there are resin hollow logs, as well as 2 fairly large pieces of natural drift wood, and I find my cory’s spend more than half their time on, and around the driftwood pieces… I don’t recall hearing that before do you corybowners find they spend a more than average amount of time on and around driftwood in your tanks???
 
Biofilm. It's one of the food sources they sift out of sand, so they'll do their best to get it off driftwood as well. Plus it's natural cover to them. We always think of predators as other fish, but the biggest danger in their world is fishing birds. Driftwood's a safe place to relax in. Given how much flooded forest is part of their world, they must have adapted to having a lot of it around.
 
I have six Pandas that spend their time between the sand, rocks and wood, even up near the top of the tank. "My wood comes right out of the top", so I would say they aren't that fussy as long as there's something to eat?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top