Dave Ehl
Fish Crazy
- Joined
- Jun 7, 2008
- Messages
- 242
- Reaction score
- 0
- Points
- 0
- Location
- Encinitas, California, United States
Southern California is going through a drought right now, and the price of water is about to skyrocket. There are also going to be "water police" handing out citations for excessive water use. So i need help reducing how frequent I do my water changes. In my big tank, I feed 3 prawns and a few cichlid sticks daily. I am running two Rena xp3 filters bio only. I currently change 30gallons weekly. The stock list is below in my sig. If there are any tips you could share they will be appreciated.
than i discovered how to reposition the ballcock!
However junking the water sprinkler, though, it is beyond me why someone would even think of using one in a drought
, would save enough to do even CFC's water changes!
The concept of water going up in price in a drought, is totally alien to me. the price is fixed here, even in drought, though calling it a draught in the UK is a bit much, in comparison to droughts in desert regions.
' so erm, yeah my advice, paint the grass/ground, then use the water saved from the sprinklers for the tank. da dahhhh!!!!!!






