Dosing Ammonia

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

KamSandhu44

Reaction score
Evening all.

I have a question about dosing Homebase value ammonia. I believe it's ammonia content is 9.5%. My tank contained 0.6ppm ammonia and using the ammonia calculator I need to dose 4ml ammonia.

After dosing this I wat 30 mins to an hour and test the ammonia again. The level has hardly budged. No where near the 3ppm I am expecting. Am I doing something wrong? Or do I need to dose more ammonia?

does the bottle smell at all? Besides for the burning sensation ( dont smell it, but breeze it towards yourself ) does it bubble/foam alot when shaken? I cant remember exactly, but I recall people having problems with Homebase

does the bottle smell at all? Besides for the burning sensation ( dont smell it, but breeze it towards yourself ) does it bubble/foam alot when shaken? I cant remember exactly, but I recall people having problems with Homebase

Hi, it doesn't smell and it doesn't foal or bubble at all. I did do that test. The ammonia has gone up, just not as much as I expected.

try searching on the forums for Homebase, if it doesnt foam thats good, but the fact that it doesnt burn your nose makes me wonder about it

ah good, then. I'm not sure myself how long it takes for it to work. I've always tested a few hours after dosing

I have not dosed about 14ml ammonia and its just about got to 1ppm, surely that is not right?

I'm not sure, I dont have that ammonia here I used 4.5% ammonia I found at WalMart and it took my tank to 5% using the calculator just fine

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back