Does this really work

Sarkis

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Was reading on a other board, people saying it works great Algae FIx

Ive never used this product (or any similar ones for that matter) but have heard that some of them are better than others. Of course, all of them offer a remedy but none are really a solution. In other words, they may get rid of your current algae but they do not really work to eliminate the initial cause(s). The best thing to do if you use a product like this is to also determine what is causing the algae in the first place, and then fix that as well. I don't like adding any extra chemicals (ie, any other than decholinator) to my water unless I absolutely need to. I don't know what, if any, long term effects these products may have in fish if you come to relyt on them to solve the algae problem.

\Dan

Always use traditional methods of removing algae instead of using products. Best thing to do is water changes, eliminate any type of direct light hitting the tank, add live plants depending on whether or not your fish will eat them, and try only keeping your light on your fish tank for about 8 hours or less a day. I've never used algae fix but just know of some customers that have come in and claimed the product killed all their fish but I'm sure it was something else that triggered it.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back