Does Hank look okay?

Quin

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I'm not sure if the video format works, but I came back inside to see this. Hank is lying against his moss ball in the back of the tank, and I think he is breathing heavy. Pardon the quality, I recorded his reflection since he was hidden behind his bridge. He has since moved to rest on his leafy plant, gone to the surface, and is now lying on the gravel again

I put in the Tetra SafeStart but I forgot to shake it really well, now my filter is making loud noises off and on. The bright side is Hank perked up enough to go play in the bubbles it was creating, but the bad news is his tank is on the other side of my headboard. Hopefully I can fix the noise before it's time to sleep

The sound you here is caused by the filter vibrating against the side of your tank. What kind of filter do you have? (HOB, sponge, internal, etc)

Any chance of a picture of your filter?

This is normal for bettas, Hank is probably just resting. Don’t panic over little things. (Even though it is completely normal. ;))

The sound you here is caused by the filter vibrating against the side of your tank. What kind of filter do you have? (HOB, sponge, internal, etc)

Any chance of a picture of your filter?

This is normal for bettas, Hank is probably just resting. Don’t panic over little things. (Even though it is completely normal. ;))

I think the noise from the filter is because it sucked up all of my bacteria :(
When I poured the SS in, I believe because I didn't shake it well, it came out as a lot of water and then tiny clumps of bacteria. I changed the filter and the noise stopped, so I think I don't have as much bacteria as I need because it's in the trash can with the nasty filter. The filter is internal with a water spout, but I'd have to look to tell you the name.

I will tell you though, Hank looked like he was having the time of his life. Whatever was causing the janky noise was also causing the water to pulse on its way out, causing a lot of tiny bubbles. Rather than attacking them like he did the first day, he was swimming back and forth under them! Maybe he wants to be a dog, and that's the closest he can get to being petted :D

Attachments

• 20200418_181314.jpg
    20200418_181314.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 85
Your tank water looks milky cloudy and this is normally caused by uneaten food breaking down in the water. The fish laying on its side and not acting normally is also an indication something is wrong and most of the time it is poor water quality.

Test your water for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH.

Do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate every day for 2 weeks.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

How often and how do you clean the filter?

The following link has information about what to do if your fish get sick. It's long and boring but worth a read when you have some spare time.

Your tank water looks milky cloudy and this is normally caused by uneaten food breaking down in the water. The fish laying on its side and not acting normally is also an indication something is wrong and most of the time it is poor water quality.

Test your water for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH.

Do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate every day for 2 weeks.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

How often and how do you clean the filter?

The following link has information about what to do if your fish get sick. It's long and boring but worth a read when you have some spare time.
It is a brand nee tank, not likely to be uneaten food ;) bacteria bloom maybe?

bacterial bloom is caused by uneaten food and a filter that has not established yet.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back