DIYT

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

byrdnest

Reaction score
Ok been on a lot of these forums. Get alot of different answers. I am going to build a DIYT 48x30x30. want material would you all us and where can I get it at the best price?

Well not meaning to put you off your venture, I've never made a tank before myself but I will say that: The best and cheapest way to get a large tank is to read small ads papers or websites such as ebay. If you're patient you'll find a tank in your area and usually you are able get lots of other equipment thrown in. I also am not sure if I would trust a tank I built myself and wouldn't want all that water on the floor... -_-

187 gallons. I guess you would have to use acrylic. How is your budget? :D

The acrylic alone for your project will most likely run 600 to 700 dollars.

Have you ever done this before? IT might be best to practice small so a mistake isn't so costly.

Here is one supplier I have found. Acrylic sheet

nothing wrong with building ur own william, lol my 42inch tank is home built and the mahogony stand :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

cryosi said:
nothing wrong with building ur own william, lol my 42inch tank is home built and the mahogony stand :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Yes but you should see me DIY "skills" :lol: :lol:

:huh: Not easy to do although I've built most of my own tanks, biggest being 48x24x24. I used laminated glass which is terrible to cut. You could use laminated, 10mm plate or acrylic but the cost of materials would be prohibitive (I get my glass FOC).
The easiest/cheapest way is 2nd hand in your local free ads paper :) Mac.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back