Dehumidifier Water?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Fish Guy

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I was wondering would the water that is collected by my dehumidifier be safe to put in my to my tank? I'm not sure what the parameters would be, I could check them.

If its anything like RO water it isnt suitable (atleast not in large quantities) for most common tropical fw tanks. Saying that im far from an expert so you may hear conflicting information.

its a BIG NO NO as it as collected all sorts of rubbish that
is in the air smells air fresheners smoke and stuff like that

I second this, The dehumidifier in my fathers house in china fills the entire reservoir in about 3 days but that usually has oily secretions on the surface and is heavily scented as it's used in the laundry room. I would say its definitely a no no.

I second this, The dehumidifier in my fathers house in china fills the entire reservoir in about 3 days but that usually has oily secretions on the surface and is heavily scented as it's used in the laundry room. I would say its definitely a no no.

in my old house the dehumidifier had to be emptied every day
and i still have it now but i never use it now unless we have had
any decorating done

Heh, this has like a 40 litre reservoir lol, it's about 5 foot tall as well. It's interesting from having water forming on your body due to it being so humid to being as dry as the sahara in the day when you walk in the room.

Heh, this has like a 40 litre reservoir lol, it's about 5 foot tall as well. It's interesting from having water forming on your body due to it being so humid to being as dry as the sahara in the day when you walk in the room.

why would you want to put de-humidified water in your tank? don't you have running water into your house?

I think it might be to recycle what is already there, also cost may be a reason to want to do it. ie if you are on a water meter why would you want to pay additional money for something you don't need to pay for?

it doesn't cost that much! i mean how much are you gonna get out of a de-humidifier? 20-30l?

on a water meter, thats gonna cost at least 7p.

well...i'll see what spare water i have a just ask if i can fill my tank with it!

anyways, don't use dehumidified water in your tank.

dehum water often has excessive ammounts of bad bacteria in it.

Seeing as the condenser in there is aluminum & copper I'd be a little concerned with that, along with the previously mentioned bacteria & airborne contaminants.

Most reactions

trending

Back