Defrosting A Car

try putting a blanket over the windscreen.....this is fool proof....works for me every time.....i start work at 4.30am :hey: just close it in the door and under screen wipers....the other way if its unexspected is i use a old credit card to scrape it off.....2 secs and away.....anyhow you need to warm your engine 1st

don't you guys have car ice scrapers over there in the UK? I can start my car, turn the defrost up fullblast, get out and scrape all my windows faster than it would take to go back inside, get a bucket of water, fill it, pour over the windshield, repeat... :)

I just get in, press the heated windscreen, heated rear screen and set aircon to hot.

Then I press the heated seat button to toast my buns while the engine gets up to temp.

2 Minutes later, Im off.
SHOW OFF! I just get the butler to do all that for me :big_boss:

Get a decent ice scraper. Go out, turn engine and heaters onto the windscreen. Scrape windows. Go back in house, finish breakfast. Hope car does not get nicked. Then get in and go.
Pouring water over the windscrren is surely a bad plan if its very cold - it just re-freezes... at least, it does for me. Do I need new wiper blades...???

I completely wrap my car in old sheets. In the morning just peel them off. No frozen windows or locks. I live in the country so no-one sees me, wouldn't do it if I parked on a street! :)

Ok, there are so many directions to go here! LMAO@Morgan -- really, you seriously do that??
Gotta agree with boozy - get some ice scrapers and run your defrost! Less than 10 minutes should do a pretty good job. Much easier than covering your whole car in sheets or running in and out with a bucket of water! Maybe us US folks could get together and send you'll some ice scrapers! JK :fun:
If you can't find an ice scraper or don't have one CD case works very well too! A little bigger than a credit card but just as handy.
Here they have those little hand held ice melters used to defrost the key lock - you see alot of infomercials for them lol. I think you can get them at CVS, Walgreens, Sears ect.

Man, 10 minutes to de-ice your car?!?! Screw that, I get ready to go, start my car, grab my scraper and I'm done in about 4 minutes.

And on a cold morning your engine doesn't have to run for very long until it is safe to drive. A minute to two minutes gets the vital internals warmed up and ready to drive, just don't start driving like Shumacher as soon as you leave the driveway!

Hell, one time I didn't have an ice scraper so I scraped my windshield off with an old, busted Playstation 2!

well since this is in the art section i have to add

get a big flame thrower and kick that frosts butt all the way back to where it came from haha

i keep a bottle of some de-icer and water mixed together (30%de-icer, and 70% water)
and spray it over the windows and the ice goes away instantly

or you can use windshield washer fluid that will get rid of the ice/frost just as fast and its pretty cheap at about $1 for a gallon

Yeah! Everyone tells me that even cold water (as long as it's above 0c) Will work fine!
Cold water will usually just freeze right back unless you have the wipers going pretty fast and then it slings the water all over you and you freeze. Best way is to lay a blanket or large towel over the windshield in the evening so you don't have any frost. You can sew small rubber magnets (not metal as they will scratch the paint) into them to hold the top on (use the windshield wipers to hold the bottom).

And in keeping with the art forum, paint a fancy design on the towel.

Most reactions

trending

Back