Defrosting A Car

hmmm it truly is an art form timmy?!?! lmao

is it just your windows? you can get a de-froster type spray.... don't think it's v environmentally sound though so if your bothered you can just get some warm water and splash it on your windows, that'll melt it. best to get the engine running and the heaters on in the car first though so the windows warm up or the new water you put on might freeze.

thanks for this though, reminded me i'm out of de-icer spray :)

I always fill a bottle with warm water (not hot) and pour that over my windows, works every time!

Yeah! Everyone tells me that even cold water (as long as it's above 0c) Will work fine! I just wanted a quick solution to a frozen window because apparently we have frosts coming in the next few days and I didn't want to spend hours before work de-frosting my car! :lol:

Tell me about it, nothing like running outside in your jammies at 6:30 in the morning to start your car so it'll be ready to roll at 7:15!

I would never use sprays anyway! Just seen the weather and apparently frosts start tommorrow (how fun at work, with me working outside and all!)

Will use warm water! Cheers Guys! :good:

I just get in, press the heated windscreen, heated rear screen and set aircon to hot.

Then I press the heated seat button to toast my buns while the engine gets up to temp.

2 Minutes later, Im off.

if you know the frost is coming, you could lay a bedsheet over the front screen and shut it in the front doors so it doesnt blow away.

Or large piece of cardboard under the wiper blades.

Isn't there some kinda antifreeze spray you can put on locks and such so they won't freeze? I've put a heavy sheet of plastic and sometimes cardboard on my windshield at night so the frost couldn't stick onto the glass before and used WD40 on locks. You can buy this lock unfreeze stuff if they get frozen. I've used a lighter to unfreeze a frozen padlock so I could get out of my back gate...

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back