April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Karlas.aquariums

Reaction score
Okay so a couple months ago my fish gave me a new batch of fry but one of them still had an egg attached. I thought it was going to die soon anyways so I just let it be but it's 4 months old now and she's still very much alive. So it doesn't seem to bother her but it also has more fins growing out of it. So the egg isn't dead it's like part of her and I was wondering if this has happened to anybody else that has kept guppies or other livebearers. (The picture is blurry I'm sorry but she's the one at the way bottom)
20181015_211405.jpg

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

I can't tell anything from the picture. If you could take some more and look at them on your computer and pick out a good clear image that shows the issue, then post it here for us to look at. :)

it's probably a growth sometimes known as a Siamese twin can vary in size shape and fin/fins.

A fish will usually live a normal life with that type of deformity

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

I can't tell anything from the picture. If you could take some more and look at them on your computer and pick out a good clear image that shows the issue, then post it here for us to look at. :)
Hi, thank you. I'm sorry I took so long to respond but here's a clearer picture
20181020_224514.jpg

it's probably a growth sometimes known as a Siamese twin can vary in size shape and fin/fins.

A fish will usually live a normal life with that type of deformity
I didn't know this could happen with fish too, that's cool. I did some research after you said this and I've discovered it's called a parasitic Siamese twin since it did not develops the eyes or mouth.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back