Dark Purple Foreground Plants Suggestions?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Woodlol

Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Good morning/afternoon/evening!

I'm looking for some ideas for bushy dark purple foreground plants for my planted tank. The picture is a little cloudy because I had just planted the others, but I want to put some red/black lava rocks and something dark and lush in front of the red lava rocks. Any ideas?

Eventually I'm planning on a pearl weed carpet in some areas.

Bucephalandra has been suggested... any other thoughts?

THANKS!
20220531_210742.jpg

I don't know of any dark purple plants....but Deep Purple is one of my favorite bands

purple plants are garden plants, not aquarium plants. if you want purple plants in an aquarium, use artificial plants

Buce is a good example, some species are super purple. Crypts feel like a good candidate too like Cryptocoryne Undulatus, Cryptocoryne Wendtii or Cryptocoryne Albida Red. There is also a Red version of Helanthium Tenellum but I think that might need really high lighting.

Wills

There is Purple Sultan sword plant. I want to try that myself. From what I've seen its very purple and a slender sword. Amano planted it by the dozen close together in the Lisbon tank.

my "red crypts" turned dark brown under high light
red rubin sword is probably not foreground but it turns dark brown-ish too

The closest to red in Crypts that is not Flamingo is 'Florida'. Another I meant to order and never got around to it.
The Purple sword is the real deal..but its not a foreground plant. At first glance there is solda purple foreground plant...because it was grown emersed!..when dunked it turns a plain green. What is that name?
Water Lobelia!..came to me,

The closest to red in Crypts that is not Flamingo is 'Florida'. Another I meant to order and never got around to it.
The Purple sword is the real deal..but its not a foreground plant. At first glance there is solda purple foreground plant...because it was grown emersed!..when dunked it turns a plain green. What is that name?
Water Lobelia!..came to me,
cool! purple swords look interesting!
not sure if i can fit it in a 15g, since the 75g is already taken over by all sorts of swords!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back