Have our 160 litre set up and current stocking is:
3 glass catfish,
8 lamp eyes
5 male guppies

Plan to add
3 more glass catfish to bring shoal up to 6
2 freshwater blue neon gobies
10 male guppies

We would perhaps like some more unusual, or centre piece fish to add to our stocking, any suggestions? We would want a peaceful community not too aggressive as the lamps are pretty small guys. Any ideas really welcome (we have decided against mollies, platies, sword tails, etc)

Hmmm I'm thinking something Asian - how about an orange thick lipped goruami or a trio? They only stay small and from what I have read are quite tame for gourami. Or a lace gourami? I think you could do 2 females in that tank okay.

Hey Wills thank you for the suggestion, I have no clues when it comes to cichlids so will look into thank you! keep the suggestions coming ;)

Ok we have looked further and deducted on the following (probably going to remove the lamp eyes back to their orignal tank once the params are back to normal after meds).
So 6 glass cats, 2 neon gobies and possibly 15 male guppies, though may change mind with next choices..

So far ruled out due to having high ph and hard water, or aggressiveness:
Kribs
Apistos
Rams
Thick Lipped Gourami

Considering:
Pearl Gourami (be looking at a pair) OR
Dwarf Gourami (be looking at a pair) OR
Angel fish (be looking for one if it would do ok?)

Unless it was thought a pair of the above gouramis would do well with a lone Angel?

So sorry to ramble on, we are reading all sources like mad and find conflicting information and would like experience?

hmmm..I have had a recommendation not to do a lone angel fish as the guppies and apistos would be far too tempting, what do you all think?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back