Corydoras wont stop dying

This needs to be looked into. Corydoras fish should never be floating after a water change, nor even be near the surface. I suspect that whatever is behind this is the issue. This could be one of several issues.

I mentioned that bacterial problems with gravel were dangerous for cories. Do you dig into the gravel to vacuum it during the water changes? I know you said you did this time, but what about previous water changes?

What are the GH and pH of the source (tap) water, compared to the tank water? If there is a significant difference, this might be the issue (or part of it).
Yes I vacuumed into the gravel. I do everytime because of how much poop the corys and snails create.

Gh is 8 and pH is 7.8 out of the tap.

The corys are fine now. Like i said they only do it when I change the water they're really never near the surface. I don't understand why because they don't do it otherwise.

The eggs are in a breeder box. Most are fertilized as well. :)
Sorry, you misunderstand me.
Any growth of baby fish will be dependent upon the quality of your water.
At the moment, that quality appears suspect and will remain so until the cause of your Cory deaths has been identified.

What kind of test kit are you using? did you get the Seachem Prime yet?

Are you matching the tap temp to the tank temp, as closely as possible, when doing WC's?

What kind of test kit are you using? did you get the Seachem Prime yet?

Are you matching the tap temp to the tank temp, as closely as possible, when doing WC's?
Api liquid test. And no I haven't. Yes I always match the temp as best as I can. It's usually a tad warmer but hardly at all.

Api liquid test. And no I haven't. Yes I always match the temp as best as I can. It's usually a tad warmer but hardly at all.
A "tad" warmer (5 or 6 degrees F) can kill fish...I found out the hard way

No water conditioner? Are you certain your source water is not chlorinated?

Use the API test kit, and test your tap for ammonia, nitrIte, and nitrAte

A "tad" warmer (5 or 6 degrees F) can kill fish...I found out the hard way

No water conditioner? Are you certain your source water is not chlorinated?

Use the API test kit, and test your tap for ammonia, nitrIte, and nitrAte
Yes its not chlorinated.

Just tested it

Ammonia .10 about
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 0

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back