Cory problem

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

aquarius

Fishaholic
Reaction score
i've noticed that one of my cories has a piece of his tail missing. it doesn't seem to affect him in any way and i suspect my bully molly did this. but i was wondering, will his tail grow back and can it affect his swimming?

Hi Aquarius :)

The corys tail will heal, that shouldn't be a problem. But, what are you going to do to make sure it doesn't happen again? -_-

thanks, i really don't know what to do. my molly has been chasing and nipping just about every fish in the tank, she also injured my platy but he's healing now. i don't have another tank so i can't separate her and i would hate to give her back to the lfs because, well because she's my fish and i don't know where she's going to end up. she might be a mean fish but i still care about her. so i would welcome any sugeestions on what to do with her

It sounds like you have a major problem there. :nod: If you have a breeding net you could confine her in it until you figure out what to do.

But, a permenant solution would mean either finding a home for her or getting another tank. (You know you want one!) :thumbs:

you got that right, i'd love another tank. :D the other day i was looking at tanks at my lfs and they had a 29 gallon with hood, lights, and stand for $109, i think that's a pretty good deal. so i might get it after christmas. when all the bills and tuition is paid up, hopefully there'll be some money left. so i'm hoping the fish will be ok till then.

i was also thinking, what if i separate the molly and put her in the 1 gallon tank i have for a few hours or a day and then release her back. the other fish could use a break from her and maybe they'll establish their territories. then when i release her back, maybe the molly will feel like she's the new fish and stop chasing others. you think that might work or would it be too stressful for them? :unsure:

aquarius said:
i've noticed that one of my cories has a piece of his tail missing. it doesn't seem to affect him in any way and i suspect my bully molly did this. but i was wondering, will his tail grow back and can it affect his swimming?
Yes his tail will grow back fine as long as you stop the problem causing it. I recently purchased a poor baby cory because he had a circular bite out of his top fin(stupid walmart putting aggressive fish with them :angry: ). But it seems like only two weeks has past and his top fin is 100% back and more bigger. He;s so energetic and even bigger than the cory i boguth him with !

What did you decide to do about your mollie? :unsure: Is your cory doing alright?

i really hope the tail grows back, he's become the least active cory of the three

as for the molly, i decided, that i will watch her the next week or so and if she hurts any more fish, i'll return her. it's going to be hard ith the weather getting so cold. but if they're going to be ok, then i'll wait until next month when hopefully i'll have a new tank. so i'll just separtae her from the other fish she chases. i have 3 or 4 molly fy right now and i just hope they don't turn out like their mom :/

Just a thought, but are there places in your tank where the cories can hide? I would add extra plants and such in there to make sure there is a safe place for them. It may not help as your fishie sounds mean, but it will help the cories out to make sure they have alot of places to hide. Good luck.
Sandy

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back