FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Anonymous Fox

Fish Addict
Reaction score
My grandfathers tank
262F8243-7E5F-4A6A-A411-E0F97925712E.jpeg

size: 35-40 gallons tall bow front tank
Stocking *warning, pretty bad*: 2 boenus aris tetras, 1 glow light tetra (probably gonna end up getting), 2 Glofish/tetras, 10+ fancy guppies
No live plants, two filters ( one built into the log/ tree thingy), heaters, slate hides, gravel, some decor, a natural background.
The tetras I might take ( and get some more of there kind) his water is hard, so the guppies are fine IMO if he got a few snails and live plants, he’d be fine if I re- aquascaped it for him, the guppies would be happy, and I would be happy, if feel rly bad for the glow light tetra, s/he looks stressed.
Constructive criticism, maybe?

So what's the issue? Seems to me you got a big tank with lots of small fish, From the pic it seems the tank is taken care...if the water parameters are good what the big deal all looks fine. Are you looking for stocking ideas?

The tetras definitely need more numbers so I’d remove them and add a few more to each.
I’d also remove the wood thing as it looks like it’s taking up a lot of space. The guppies would be fine with the one external.

Looks ok. Not my style of tank, but it’s still cool.

The tetra stock level does concern me, so you might speak to him about that.

It’s cool that your grandpa has a fish tank. :cool:

the look of the wood more than makes up for the space that it takes up.
i'd just remove the tetras.

the look of the wood more than makes up for the space that it takes up.
i'd just remove the tetras.

Personal taste. I much prefer thin branches to tree trunks. More interesting for the fish too, plus they have more swimming space. :)

Live plants!
Also, I agree that the wood feature is too large and bulky. Maybe take out the other random decor and mice the wood a wee bit to the front?
Oh, and live plants. 😁

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back