clown loaches

A great site to find stuff about most fish is centralpets.com. They get 10 to 12 in. at maturity. :p

in a big tank they get around 8 inches to 9 inches but big like 200 gallons 55 gallon mine got 6 inches long and kind of fat :fun: :whistle: but get a few there worth it.

A good site for loaches is www.loaches.com. I have more than a few different kinds and my largest( tiger loach is about 8 in long) good luck.

The clows will get somewhere around 8", but it took mine a few years to do so. They feed off of the bottom but after a while, when they know its feeding time, they actively swim around the mid to upper lever to get food too, little pigs.

LobsterOfJustice said:
The clows will get somewhere around 8", but it took mine a few years to do so. They feed off of the bottom but after a while, when they know its feeding time, they actively swim around the mid to upper lever to get food too, little pigs.
But they do grow pretty fast up to 4 inches and then grow slower from there. They are pigs when it comes to eating, I've seen mine gorge themselves on bloodworms to the point where their bellys are swollen.

Captain Canuck said:
LobsterOfJustice said:
But they do grow pretty fast up to 4 inches and then grow slower from there. They are pigs when it comes to eating, I've seen mine gorge themselves on bloodworms to the point where their bellys are swollen.
my clown loaches are the same with bloodworms!!!!

hi there, i have 2 clown loachs in my tank, i bought them to eat the millions of snails which also inhabit my tank! :( but they dont. has anyone got a miracle for removing the little devils? :angry:

Hi jasmine,

How long have you had the loaches? How big are they? Mine ate all the snails I had in the tank within a few weeks, maybe yours are too small still?

Note that they want to be in a small group, so getting another one would make them feel better. Only do this if you have a large tank (or plan on getting one soonish), say 75 gallons, for they do need space when they're fullgrown.

hi morrgan, thanks for your reply. my loachs are about 4-5 inches long. i have a 3 ft tank. i used to have a zebra loach but he chased the clowns all the time, so i took him back to the shop.
i was thinking if a small puffer. what do you think? :dunno:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back