Cherry shrimp fry???

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I am a Newby

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
So i have 7 adults cherrys and 1 female was bearing now i noticed few fry swiming arround they are maybe 5mm in size if not smaller.
Question is what to do to make sure they survive?
I have no acces to any shrimp specific food as there is none for sale where i live and oredirng onlien is no option as most sites dont deliver to my country-Montenegro.
Bought some sera spirulina wafers and i crushed them to dust and used that thinking maybe they get some before adults eat it all up.
Also added calcium to water but dont know if there is any widely avilable food i can use?

So i have 7 adults cherrys and 1 female was bearing now i noticed few fry swiming arround they are maybe 5mm in size if not smaller.
Question is what to do to make sure they survive?
I have no acces to any shrimp specific food as there is none for sale where i live and oredirng onlien is no option as most sites dont deliver to my country-Montenegro.
Bought some sera spirulina wafers and i crushed them to dust and used that thinking maybe they get some before adults eat it all up.
Also added calcium to water but dont know if there is any widely avilable food i can use?
How established is the tank? If you have lots of biofilm in there than I think you should be fine feeding crushed food.

Its new tank build less then 2 months old tank dont know about biofilm if its enough thats why i asked if crushed spirulina wafers are enough.
I literaly make them to dust and throw them in to pump outlet to spread all over the tank water gets super cloudy and clears after 30 min when it all sinks or stucks to plants and hardscape. That way i make sure its spread all over tank so they have better chance to get it before adults just dont know if thats enough.

The fry will eat micronutrients on course surfaces along with any left over food the other fish don’t eat.

Do you have access to sponge or aquarium floss?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back