Cheesecake Or Banoffee Pie Recipes

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Bex

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi all :D

Has anyone got any good, but relatively easy recipes for cheesecake or banoffe pie? I never make desserts but would like to be able to make these 2.

i've the most deliscious baked cheesecake recepie ever, can't remember all the quantities off the top of my head. but i'll get it and post it for you.

it's dead easy but requires a little planning and forethough cos you have to chill it overnight at one stage. handy though as you can make it the night before then after dinner make up the sauce and just put it on and serve :good:

Ian's a cheesecake fanatic, he first asked me to marry him after I made him it. was a little concerned though as I'd only known him about 3 weeks!! :lol:

Sounds great! Let me know the recipe when you can get hold of it. I don't mind the stuff that needs a little forward planning, the only problem I have with stuff like that is trying to keep my hungry hubby away from it for long enough :lol:

Sometimes I swear I married Homer Simpson! :lol:

Sounds great! Let me know the recipe when you can get hold of it. I don't mind the stuff that needs a little forward planning, the only problem I have with stuff like that is trying to keep my hungry hubby away from it for long enough :lol:

Sometimes I swear I married Homer Simpson! :lol:

i can share that feeling for definate!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :rolleyes:

Cheesecake can be as simple as crushing some digestives or similar and mixing in a bot of melted butter, sticking in a continer and chilling, then mixing something like whipped cream or some kind of cream cheese with flavouring and sticking on top. Obviously there are more fancy ones using stuff like gelatine, baked cheesecakes etc.

Yeah, I get the general idea about making cheesecakes but I want a recipe for a good tasty one, rather than me making an experimental one, which will probably be awful! :lol: My experimental foods aren't very good!

Miss Wiggle says she has a good one so I'm waiting for that.... :hey:

Anyone got a Banoffee Pie? Would like to be able to make one of those too. :good:

What`s that supposed to mean????

D`oh

nothing dear i love you.... i'll be back in a minute i need to find some blue hair dye and engage in some serious backcombing :lol:

here we go with the recepie anyway

it's not my own, from a book, but i do some bits differently, i've written them in italics, up to you what you wanna do but it always comes out yummy for me!!

ingredients
sunflower oil (for brushing)
85g/3oz butter
200g/7oz digestive biscuits, crushed
400g/14 oz cream cheese
2 large eggs
140g/5 oz caster sugar
1 & 1/2 tsp vanilla escense
450ml/ 16fl oz soured cream

topping
55g/2oz caster sugar
4tbsp water
250g/9 oz fresh bluberries
1tsp arrowroot

preheat the oven to 190oC/Gas mark 5.
brush a 8@ springform caketin with oil don't have a springform tin, works fine with a normal push base cake tin
melt the butter in a pan over a low heat
stir in the crushed buiscuit then spread in the tin
place the cream cheese, eggs, 100g/3 oz of the sugar and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence in a food processor and blend until smooth haven't got a food processor, do it with an electric whisk
pour over the buiscuit base and smooth the top
place on a baking tray and bake for 20 mins or until set
remove from the oven and leave to stand for 20 mins, leave the oven on
mix the cream with the remaining sugar and vanilla essence
spoon over the cheesecake, return to the oven for 10 mins
leave to cool then chill in the refrigerator for 8 hrs or overnight
pour yourself a glass of wine
padlock the fridge door

an hr before serving remove the cheesecake from the tin and put it on your serving plate
place the sugar in a saucepan with half of the water over a low heat and stir until the sugar has dissolved
increase the heat and add the bluberries i've used load of other fruits, Ian's fav is strawberries, works with everything though so don't worry if blueberries aren't your cup of tea
cover and cook for a few minutes or until they begin to soften
remove from the heat, mix the arrowroot and remaining water in a bowl add to the fruit and stir until smooth well i'm buggered if i can find arrowroot in the shops, don't even know what it is, i ignore this bit!
return to a low heat, cook until the juice thickens and turns translucent ignore this bit too
leave to cool
spoon on top of the cheesecake and chill for rest of the hr until you serve it

enjoy! let me know how you get on and what homer hubby thinks :good:

I have a killer White Chocolate Cheese cake recipe that can be made as a White Chocolate Candy Cane Cheese cake for this time of year.

Now, It's not really mine - I got it off the Kraft Food website, but altered it to add in more white chocolate (I really really love white chocolate).

If you are interested, I'll find it for you.

I have a killer White Chocolate Cheese cake recipe that can be made as a White Chocolate Candy Cane Cheese cake for this time of year.

Now, It's not really mine - I got it off the Kraft Food website, but altered it to add in more white chocolate (I really really love white chocolate).

If you are interested, I'll find it for you.

mmm i love white chocolate! post it please :D

My other half made a Banoffe Pie a while ago and it was delicious! When he gets home I'll ask him for the recipe. He might take the hint and make another one! :drool:

My other half made a Banoffe Pie a while ago and it was delicious! When he gets home I'll ask him for the recipe. He might take the hint and make another one! :drool:

Gimme, gimme, gimme!!! :drool: My hubby will love me forever if I make him a cheesecake AND a banoffee pie!

My god, by the time we're old we're going to be 50 stone... each! :lol: They'll need cranes to get us out the house!

Here's a recipe from the show Take Home Chef on TLC for Banoffe Pie. I've never tried this recipe but it looked good when he made it and I hope to try it sometime soon :).

Banoffe Pie

Serves 8

Ingredients:

For the crust:

9 ounces/250 g digestive biscuits or graham crackers
1 stick/113 g butter, melted

For the caramel filling and topping:

½ cup (packed)/100 g dark brown sugar
One 14-ounce/396-g can sweetened condensed milk
One stick/113 g butter
1 1/4 cups/295 ml heavy whipping cream
5 small bananas (about 1½ pounds/620 g total)

Method:

To make the crust:

Line the bottom of a 9-inch/23-cm springform pan with parchment paper. Blend the biscuits or graham crackers in a food processor until they are finely ground.

Pour the melted butter over the biscuit crumbs and process to blend well. The crumbs should stick together when pressed. Press the crumb mixture over the bottom and 1½ inches/4 cm up the sides of the springform pan. Refrigerate whilst you make the filling.

To make the filling and topping:

Place a heavy medium saucepan over medium heat. Sprinkle the brown sugar over the bottom of the pan and cook without stirring for 2 minutes or until the sugar begins to dissolve.

Stir the sugar to blend. Continue to cook 1 minute longer or until all of the sugar is dissolved and becomes a lighter golden brown color. Decrease the heat to medium-low. Add the condensed milk and butter and slowly stir for 2 minutes or until the bits of caramel dissolve and the sauce thickens slightly. As soon as the caramel thickens, remove it from the heat.

Spread 1 cup/290 g of the caramel sauce over the prepared crust and refrigerate for about 1 hour or until the caramel is firm. Keep the remaining caramel sauce at room temperature. To serve, remove the pie from the pan and place it on a serving plate.

Using an electric mixer, beat the cream in a large bowl until thick and very soft billowy peaks form. Very thinly slice 3 of the bananas into discs. Fold the sliced bananas into the softly whipped cream and spoon into the prepared pie crust.

Slice the remaining bananas diagonally and arrange them decoratively atop the pie. Rewarm the remaining caramel sauce gently over low heat. Drizzle some of the sauce decoratively over the pie. If the sauce has thickened too much to drizzle, stir a few tablespoons/45 to 75 ml of milk into the sauce to create a thinner consistency.

Cut the pie into wedges and place the pie wedges on plates. Drizzle each pie wedge with more caramel sauce and serve.

Ok. Here is the original recipe with picture.

And here are the instructions with my alterations in italics:

1 cup HONEY MAID Graham Crumbs I tend to make a double recipe of this because I love lots and lots of crust
3/4 cup plus 3 Tbsp. sugar, divided
3 Tbsp. butter, melted

3 pkg. (250g each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
3 eggs
4 squares BAKER'S White Chocolate, melted if not making adding candy cane, then I use 6 or 8... depends on how much I cam craving chocolate
1/4 tsp. peppermint extract only for candy cane - obviously
1 tub (500mL) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed I don't like whipped topping/cream, so I forego it all together
1 square BAKER'S White Chocolate, grated (optional)
1/2 cup crushed candy canes again, only if you are making the candy cane version

I also tend to melt a few of the squares of chocolate and pour it on top to make an icing of sorts. I have coloured it with food colour for different events

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PREHEAT oven to 325°F if using a silver 9-inch springform pan (or to 300°F if using a dark nonstick 9-inch springform pan). Mix crumbs, 3 Tbsp. of the sugar and the butter; press firmly onto bottom of pan. Bake 10 minutes.

BEAT cream cheese and remaining 3/4 cup sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended. Stir in the melted white chocolate and extract; pour over crust.

BAKE 45 to 50 minutes or until centre is almost set. Run knife or metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim of pan. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Top with the whipped topping and crushed candy canes just before serving. Garnish with grated chocolate if desired. Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator. If I am melting chocolate on top, I wait to do it until the cake is cooler... if you add it while the cake is still hot, it won't harden much... it will stay gooier. waiting until you can press on the top of the cake and not have it stick to your fingers will let the chocolate cool and be a firmer layer.

Hope you like it. I absolutely love it, and my friends and co-workers request it if we have a pot luck.

Most reactions

trending

Back