Cheesecake Or Banoffee Pie Recipes

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Both of those sound yummy! got lots of desserts to make now!

Jen: I'm not a huge fan of white chocolate, do you reckon normal milk choccy can be used in your cheesecake?

I would think you could substitute milk chocolate for the white. White choc is very sweet, so i wouldnt use a bitter-sweet choc. you might get away with a semi-sweet. If you want to try it, i would start with just the 4 squares/oz of chocolate and work your way up.

so what did homer get for his pudding this weekend then bex? and did he like it?

:blush: er, nothing!

I went into town to get something to wear for our Xmas work party and then shopping for Secret Santa present and totally forgot I promised Homer hubby a cheesecake! I'm a bit annoyed at myself too because I wanted to try making it so I get it perfect for Xmas as it's going to be our Xmas day dessert. I'm going to put the seeds from a vanilla pod in the mix so it's a nice vanilla, strawberry cheesecake.

Homer hubby was not too pleased. He'd been looking forward to it all day (he works on Saturdays) and rushed home. He'd forgotten that even if I had made it, he wouldn't have been able to eat it until the next day anyway.

So I'm going to get all the ingrediants and make it on Thursday evening.

I'll let you know how it goes. It probably won't make it through to Saturday morning. Things like cheesecake have a very short life in my house :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: you sound just like me :D

yeah that'd be lovely with vannilla pods in too, good idea!

So I finally made the cheesecake (Miss Wiggles recipe) and OMG it was fantastic :drool: It was so good I even took a photo of it on my phone. I haven't worked out how to upload the phone pics from the phone yet as it's new phone, but once I've worked it out I'll post a pic.

The only thing I did different on the recipe was that I used 2 vanilla pods instead of essence. One went in the first layer (the cheese bit) and the second one in the soured cream layer. I used straweberries instead of blueberries and put a few fresh ones around the outside. The others I cooked in the sugar/water until soft and I mashed them up. I strained the juice out (I don't like soft fruit) and poured it all over and left it to set.

It was so good. I can't believe how nice it came out and it was pretty easy to cook too. The only problem I had was the size of the cake tin. I went everywhere in town and couldn't find a push bottom 8" tin so had to cook it in a 6". Which meant that the cheesecake was a monster, about 6" thick! :lol:

Cheers for the recipe Miss Wiggle! Oh and Homer Hubby loved it too. There's only a little bit left. :D

6" thick cheesecake. :drool:
I asked other half for the banoffee pie recipe but he can't remember it. :/
He's going to try and find it when he gets a chance so I'll post it as soon as he does.

Cheers stang1 :good:

Yes, the cheesecake was a monster because of the smaller tin I used. Was yummy though, nice thick, crunchy base. Going to try and get the right sized tin for it, but if I can't, we'll be having a mammoth cheesecake for Crimbo! :D

So I finally made the cheesecake (Miss Wiggles recipe) and OMG it was fantastic :drool: It was so good I even took a photo of it on my phone. I haven't worked out how to upload the phone pics from the phone yet as it's new phone, but once I've worked it out I'll post a pic.

The only thing I did different on the recipe was that I used 2 vanilla pods instead of essence. One went in the first layer (the cheese bit) and the second one in the soured cream layer. I used straweberries instead of blueberries and put a few fresh ones around the outside. The others I cooked in the sugar/water until soft and I mashed them up. I strained the juice out (I don't like soft fruit) and poured it all over and left it to set.

It was so good. I can't believe how nice it came out and it was pretty easy to cook too. The only problem I had was the size of the cake tin. I went everywhere in town and couldn't find a push bottom 8" tin so had to cook it in a 6". Which meant that the cheesecake was a monster, about 6" thick! :lol:

Cheers for the recipe Miss Wiggle! Oh and Homer Hubby loved it too. There's only a little bit left. :D

glad you enjoyed it! everyone loves that recepie! :drool:

it's dead easy and absolutely gorgeous.

i keep meaning to make one and forgetting to get the stuff.

i'll try it with vanilla pods next time though, bet it's very tasty :drool:

Yep, go with the vanilla pods, really yummy. I love using the pods in cooking, they are a little pricey but worth it IMO. I was quite chuffed with the result.

That recipe is defo a keeper. :good:

yeah definately.

so you think your gonna get into making more desserts then?

I'd like to. I'm really trying to get a few recipes of all sorts under my belt. Desserts seem to be the one thing I'm really lacking in. I don't have many good starter recipes either, but then I'm a more dinner and dessert girl, than a starter and dinner girl. Damn that sweet tooth :D

I also like to use tried and tested recipes. I hate it when you cook to a recipe then don't like it, or it's more difficult than it looks. At least when you get a recipe from someone, you know it can't be too bad or that person wouldn't cook it and wouldn't want to pass it on.

I think the cheesecake was one of the most exciting things I've cooked for a while. The fact that you can't eat it straight away and have to wait for it was great. I was dreading getting it out of the cake tin, thought it might just collapse in a horrible mess.

I'll work out how to get me pics on here later and I'll post my pic of it. Yes, I was that proud of it I had to take a picture before it got munched! :lol:

My little kitten Oscar loved it too. I let him lick the bowl!

ha ha yeah the overnight anticipation's great :lol:

i've taken pics of my cakes before.

if you want more tried and tested recepie give me a shout, i've a few more tucked away.

got a fantastic baking book from asda for about £2 a couple of years back, really got me into baking, just fiddle with the recepie's a bit and do different things but it's a great starting point.

aside from the cheesecake the 3 most requested recepies from my work are my carrot cake with lime mascarpone icing, summer fruits drizzle cake and a chocolatey boozy fruity gateau thing i do.

:D

this threads really making me wanna make a cake you know, not done one in absolutely ages!

Ooh, the Carrot cake sounds good. I love carrot cake. And the boozy choccy one. Could you find out what the book is called from Asda, I might see if I can get it.

If you've got some good recipes, keep em coming! :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back