Channel 4 - 50 Greatest Comedy Sketches.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

PlecMama

Fish Addict
Reaction score
1 Lou and Andy (Swimming Pool) - Little Britain
2 Petshop/Dead Parrot - Monty Python's Flying Circus
3 Tubbs and Edward (Road Men) - The League of Gentlemen
4 Vicky Pollard (Swimming Pool) - Little Britain
5 Four Candles - The Two Ronnies
6 Going For An English - Goodness Gracious Me
7 Acorn Antiques - Victoria Wood, As Seen On TV
8 Breakfast - The Morecambe and Wise Show
9 Ted and Ralph (Drinking Game) - The Fast Show
10 Good Aids/Bad Aids - Brass Eye

OMG is it just me or are there a lot of us that don't know half of these??

I can vouch for numbers 2, 5 and 8...and I watched The Fast Show though I don't remember this sketch - but the rest? I haven't even seen the shows, let alone rate them as the funniest sketches of all time.

This point in my life is second only on my list of "stunning realizations that I am getting older" to the time when the lad filling the fridge in ASDA was chatting to me about a curry (can't remember why) and said "Have you got a son?" I said yes, and he said "Oh well put it in the fridge he'll eat it late Friday night!" - no actually he won't cos he's FOUR. Bah, do I really look old enough to have a teenage son? I know I *am* old enough, but I really didn't think I looked it.

I guess when UK Documentary looks like a damn fine way to spend an afternoon, you have to accept time is moving on.

:(

I think C4 got into enough trouble last time to repeat that by including it in the voting lists.

sacrilege.... I've seen all on them... dont agree with most of them (I dont get "modern" comedy)

How is any of the little Briton or league of gentleman stuff funnier than the Fork Handles sketch??? (even the highlighted version made me laugh!)

The 2 Ronnies sketch is one of the funniest ever.Can't believe that crap Lou and Andy got the number 1 vote.

Little Britain, isn't original and certainly isn't funny. How it made it into the top 100 is beyond me.

I've seen pretty much all of them and with the exception of League of Gentlemen, which I just don't get, they are all funny sketches. Personally I would still rank the parrot sketch as #1 of all time and I'd have included the Cheese shop sketch too.

Little Britain is funny, not all of it, but some of it is just hillarious, but as much as I like them, I don;t think any of them would make my top 5, I also can't believe that no Catherine Tate stuff was on there, either Lauren or Grandma. At least one Fast Show sketch was on there, but I'd have gone for Unlucky Alf - "Oh Bugger!"

The Two Ronnies were and still are brilliant, Four Candles is pure genious with brilliant use/misuse of language. I thought I was the only one who remembers the "going for an English" sketch - "12 bread rolls" and "I'll have the blandest thing on the menu" :lol:

Many of the more modern sketches have catchphrases that are now part of the English Language, "Yeah I know" "Am I bovered?" "Yeah, but no, but yeah, but" "Which was nice" "What a xxxxing liberty" "suits you sir" "how very dare you" they just go on and on.

But I don't really think we NEED to rank them, just appreciate them and have a laugh ;)

Arfie

Many of the more modern sketches have catchphrases that are now part of the English Language, "Yeah I know" "Am I bovered?" "Yeah, but no, but yeah, but" "Which was nice" "What a xxxxing liberty" "suits you sir" "how very dare you" they just go on and on.

Arfie

I know "suits you Sir" - but not the others, oh and where was "YOUNG MAN!!!" in your list? omg those two were funny.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back