Changing water

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Save037

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am sadly announcing this heart hurting news, One of my barbs had lost her life for what reason? I dont know but what i know is that i have to act quick and save the rest .

the life of this barb should not go waste but be a reason to save many others so thats why i have decided to boil the water and seal it. Then wait until the water cools down then pour it inside the tank i have made my mind and i am ready to act tomorrow but i would like to have your opinions on this move.

Please don't boil your water.

If you can post your water test parameters, tank size, number and type of fish. We will be able to help you easier.

Most problems are caused by poor water quality, so do a large water change on the tank (75%), but you do not need to boil it.

If you boil the water, you need to let it stand for at least 24 hours so the gasses, carbon dioxide, nitrogen and oxygen, can get back into the water at normal levels. Boiling drives these gasses out of the water and if you use water with no oxygen, the fish can die.

Most people simply use a dechlorinator in tap water.

-------------------------
The following link has information about what to do if your fish get sick. It's long and boring but worth a read.
https://www.fishforums.net/threads/what-to-do-if-your-fish-gets-sick.450268/

Last edited:
Yes, don’t boil your water. Use a declaration liquid, (often found in the pet section at any big retail store) instead. :)

Yeah....don't do that.

What has led you to the conclusion that this is what you need to do?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

• Chad
    Reef Tank, Crustacean, and Puffer Enthusiast
  • Essjay
Back