5181490385_95e52d96d3.jpg

drosera capensis "white form" leaf,
4842189168_7f53603942.jpg

if you have any questions im happy to answer them, or at least try, :lol:

the rest of the photo's of them are on my flikr page,

Wow, really cool! :good:
How does Pinguicula "tina" eat bugs?
Carl

wish i still had my saracena's i could never get them to wake up after dormancy :( wish i could have them once again

i love these plants :wub: FEED ME SEYMORE!!

Carnivorous Plants are the stars of many movies little shop of horrors, day of the triffids etc :lol:

Wow, really cool! :good:
How does Pinguicula "tina" eat bugs?
Carl

there leaves are sticky so if something lands on a leaf it should get stuck, the plant then secretes more sticky fluid which has lots of digestive enzymes that break it down and it then absorbs all of the nutrients form the bug,

wish i still had my saracena's i could never get them to wake up after dormancy :( wish i could have them once again

i killed some of mine last year, :-( thay need winter protection,

My main passion, CPs =D

Love your Ping, they are one of my fav CPs... after Cephs!

I do fear the ones in the cold frame back home will have froze when I get back though..My poor Cephs =(

I;m struggling with my pitchers? brought them in last week and they don;t seem to have any new growth for last few weeks?

Yours look fab by the way

I;m struggling with my pitchers? brought them in last week and they don;t seem to have any new growth for last few weeks?

Yours look fab by the way

thay go dormant this time of year, thay will start to grow again next year,

just resurecting your thread Rob

Just bought a few CP's and ordered some decent compost off line for them

Joined a forum as well and giving these a decent go this year. Yours look fab

After reading about them its no surprise mine struggled I;ve potted them wrong and watered them with tap water!!

:good:

so tempted to buy a few sarrencenias again this summer

2 of mine look rough from over the winter but I;ve bought two more and a flytrap and something else
Only just found out you shouldn;t water with tap water so rain and ro water from now on and I;ve ordered proper CP compost to repot them with cos most soils kill them so looking forward to that

2 of mine look rough from over the winter but I;ve bought two more and a flytrap and something else
Only just found out you shouldn;t water with tap water so rain and ro water from now on and I;ve ordered proper CP compost to repot them with cos most soils kill them so looking forward to that
rain water is best and either plant them in sand with perlite or peat for best results mate

I just love carnivorous plants :wub: started off with the good old venus fly trap, did well outdoors in the summer till it fell in the pond! :crazy: just got two sarracenia for a bargain price of 30p each! they were in homebase looking a little worse for wear but I'm hopeful I can save them with a little tlc :nod:

Ooh I love carnivorous plants so much I wish I hadn't lost my venus flytraps from neglect XD

Hey that last pic, I hear that plant secretes sweet sticky substance. I dunno if it's exactly the same one as the one I saw on animal planet. This guy licked the sticky stuff off the plant and said it was sweet LOL.

Hi Guys,

I just got a venus fly trap about a month ago from homebase. Some of the leafy traps were looking a little brown and almost burnt looking when I got it. What should I do, should I trim of the dying traps?

Its been fed three flies at the mo, one trap just opened up after two weeks, the other two are still shut, and I water it every couple of days. At the mo its planted in some sort of peaty dirt would sand be better for it?

Cheers any help would be good as I am new to these.

chish

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back