Canisters or sump??

I think those filters are only sold in the US? There are no UK websites selling them.

I am going to say :) the middle one. Why? Because that's the cabinet I've got :D (only mine's a dark wood finish to match the furniture)
It is very nice. With that one id go for the oak colour and they let you choose handles which they have some similar to ones on our other furniture

As I was looking for a canister for my 110g stock tank, I ended up buying a Polar Aurora (unbranded Sunsun) HW 304B, 525gph for about $75. That was well over a year ago and I'm very happy with the filter!
I have looked these up and sadly we dont have them here in the uk but we have some similar called all pond solutions.

It's a few years ago now, I think the basic price was just for the tank, cabinet and hood/trim. If you wanted lights on 'legs' or suspended over the tank, they provided a trim instead of the lid. Then there were optional extras - heater, filter and I think lights. Back when I got mine LEDs were in their infancy so I specified which fluorescent tubes I wanted (T8s in a specific colour type) and they supplied them together with a dual, external controller - they recommended 2 tubes for my tank (107 x 18 x 18 inches). Nowadays they probably supply LEDs. I've just looked at their website and see they still do Arcadia T8 and T5 fluorescent lights as well as LEDs.
I now have LED tubes, the fluorescent tubes are in the attic and the controller in the cupboard under the tank.

But as they are classed as accessories, you could always get a light separately if you don't like the ones they supply. I didn't want their choice of filter so I didn't get mine from them.

It's a few years ago now, I think the basic price was just for the tank, cabinet and hood/trim. If you wanted lights on 'legs' or suspended over the tank, they provided a trim instead of the lid. Then there were optional extras - heater, filter and I think lights. Back when I got mine LEDs were in their infancy so I specified which fluorescent tubes I wanted (T8s in a specific colour type) and they supplied them together with a dual, external controller - they recommended 2 tubes for my tank (107 x 18 x 18 inches). Nowadays they probably supply LEDs. I've just looked at their website and see they still do Arcadia T8 and T5 fluorescent lights as well as LEDs.
I now have LED tubes, the fluorescent tubes are in the attic and the controller in the cupboard under the tank.

But as they are classed as accessories, you could always get a light separately if you don't like the ones they supply. I didn't want their choice of filter so I didn't get mine from them.
Thanks Essjay, might drop them a message a see what they would suggest. I didnt think about the lighting because i just presumed they would come with the tank.

I have both LED and T8's in my other tanks and dont mind either tbh.

The T8's were suspended from the rear section of the lid (the front section is hinged and lifts up for access to the tank. The lid is very heavy so once it's on the tank it will take 2 people to lift it off, especially with the tank length you want). There are two short runners running from back to front under the fixed bit, and there were clips screwed into them which held the reflectors and the tubes. The controller was external, and sat outside the tank, connected to the tubes with wires and end caps.

They were very helpful with all the questions I asked.

One of the major benefits of a sump/refugium is based on the huge amount of customization possible. If I was ever stupid enough to go salt it would be sump all the way. Since I'm a salt water chicken, I'll stay with my 2, very functional cannisters.

One of the major benefits of a sump/refugium is based on the huge amount of customization possible. If I was ever stupid enough to go salt it would be sump all the way. Since I'm a salt water chicken, I'll stay with my 2, very functional cannisters.
Same can be said with certain canister filters (i.e., the Eheim Classics, among others).

No fancy trays or "staging" levels, just lots of open space and a sponge and filter pad (if you use, which I don't).

Same can be said with certain canister filters (i.e., the Eheim Classics, among others).

No fancy trays or "staging" levels, just lots of open space and a sponge and filter pad (if you use, which I don't).

You're entitled to your view of the sitiation, Slap. However, I've seen sumps the size of very large reef tanks, packed with all manner of media. Are there cannisters this size, with this utility? Sure, if you want it custom built, with "fancy" trays and such. Segregated media has it's place in terms of filtration strategy, at least it does in my filters.

Post in thread 'Back to black' https://www.fishforums.net/threads/back-to-black.454283/post-4017731

@mbsqw1d thought id answer here so i dont gate crash Seans thread.

Pendant light would look pretty cool but we plan to put one above the dinning table in the same room so it would look a little weird having the 2 lol

Difficult to see whats best to get light wise when the tanks not infront of you. Not sure with the fittings etc. I have emailed ND to ask what normally goes with the tanks i like but not heard back from them yet.

Just want to get one ordered now really so ill keep plugging away

I think it all comes down to scale, really.

Keeping fish is a hobby. For me that means it should be fun and interesting. It's nearly a genetic trait. :nod:

20210218_081050.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back