Canisters or sump??

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I don’t have time to read through the whole thread and view everyone’s responses...

so I’ll give my answer... yes.

It references a disturbing news story in the 80's. Full disclosure, I'm not old enough to remember that but it's what everyone I grew up near called the highly colored and highly patterned, slightly puffy pants from the 80's. I genuinely don't know what else they would be called.
Ah, that is what I get for not watching TV. Never heard of that term until now.

You can do a search for Joey Buttafuoco, the story was all over the news, I think there was even a made-for-TV movie or two about it...he was a real "class" act...OK, sarcasm button on "off", now...

Gotta love fluid dynamics! ;)

Now for something completely different. For a neighborhood party, I made those bubble wand which make those giant bubbles. So bored one night, I watch this Amazon documentary, The Science of Bubbles. Yep, I am a nerd.

Just image, a PhD who's job is making bubbles all day! Now the real story is, bubbles is a excellent tool for studying the complexity of fluid dynamics but still, it would be fun to make bubbles all day :rolleyes:

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Now for something completely different. For a neighborhood party, I made those bubble wand which make those giant bubbles. So bored one night, I watch this Amazon documentary, The Science of Bubbles. Yep, I am a nerd.

Just image, a PhD who's job is making bubbles all day! Now the real story is, bubbles is a excellent tool for studying the complexity of fluid dynamics but still, it would be fun to make bubbles all day :rolleyes:
It takes skill to make a good bubble. Think of all the variables!

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
It takes skill to make a good bubble. Think of all the variables!
It took me awhile to find them but they do exist, Bubble Nerds! Gar gum is the secret ingredient, save the glycerin for more important needs.

I retired from my boring software job and decided to do something fun, I drive a school bus. So a couple summer ago, I picked up some inner city kids and took them to a summer day camp at a local community college. Never worked with inner city kids, I was a bit concerned.

So I would arrive 1/2 hour early at the pick up location and yep, I made a bunch of these bubble wands. So funny watching 15 kids making these giant 5' foot bubbles. Needless to say, I had no problems working with city kids. :)

I do not understand why people have fear of inner city kids, they are amazing! They are smart, curious, starving for knowledge and are like sponges, will learn anything you throw at them!

However, the real reason I wanted to comment was to agree that the video you linked was exceedingly annoying!

Most youtubers are exceedingly annoying. Some shouldn't even be making videos claiming this and that because they really know nothing. This includes some popular ones too.

There are a few youtubers that I do respect, and it's not because they are knowledgable, it's because they there honest - they don't pretend to be what they're not.

I do not understand why people have fear of inner city kids, they are amazing! They are smart, curious, starving for knowledge and are like sponges, will learn anything you throw at them!

For me, simply no experience working with them, total ignorance. Hopefully they will run the program again this year.

No other driver would do this but I would buy a box a popsicle that would cost me $3. So every friday we have popsicle day, something do simple meant so much to them.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back