Can You Change Ur Gravel In A Tropical Fish Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Betty1987

Reaction score
Hello i am just writting this for advice really, i havent been doing my tropical fish tank for long, well since march 2011. i have had lots of troubles with my fish tank to do with annomia! but i have having a close eye and my gravel is still really dirty, i know you need so much dirt in ur tank but this has been for a long time now, so i am just wondering what i can do!

can u remove the gravel and wash it or buy new grave - but how do u do this? i have multi-coloured gravel in there atm with a cave orndimanet (sp)

any ideas will help, thanks in advance! becky x

You could do this but you'd need to take all the fish and water out etc, pain in the #14###. Just give the gravel a 'hoover' with the bottom of ur hose when doin a water change/clean. Thats what I do and it keeps the gravel nice and clean lookin. But your right... it doesnt need to be spottless, but it doesnt need to be black either :lol:

Hope this helps
G

You can change it if you like, but best bet is to get a gravel cleaner and carefully clean it.

hey thanks for replies, i have gpt a gravel cleaner but still leaves it a mess, i cleaned it out on monday n by weds it was black and still is now, i thought maybe i can change gravel or get new gravel but wasnt sure....

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back