Can Anyone Tel Me What This Is?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

clay

Fishaholic
Reaction score
i have not only a mystery coral but i also have a mystery lookalike on it. can anyone tell me the name of the coral and the look alike?
IMAG0072.jpg

thanks. any idea what the darker red polyp thing is in the center is? it has a completely different tentacle structure.

Would appear to be either an odd zoa or a little baby paly, which is basically a larger zoa. Nice looking BTW.

thanks i was just wondering because it only popped up a couple of days ago and the first thing that i thought was aiptasia.

Yeh looks like a new polyp thats growing and hasnt developed yet. Are they hitchhikers mate?

i really dont know if its a hitchhiker or not. i was in a lfs about a month ago buying liverock and the rock came out a tank where they were selling small red anemones for $40. this polyp looks almost exactly like one of them. its looks almost exactly like my red polyps but its body structure is different it arms are four times as long as the arms on the other polyps.

I think I'm looking at the right thing but not 100% sure! Can you get a closer pic? I know it's hard!!

pics are hard :lol: . here is a good pic of the suspect :lol:
IMAG0079.jpg

Ahhhhh ok. I was looking at the wrong thing. Hm I see what you mean, it could be an anemone. Poss a red rock flower anemone? But it's hard to tell cos it's so small! It might just be a deformed zoa though..

its not the red rockflower anemone. it appears to be posing no threat to anything though so i will just leave it be until i buy some skunk cleaner shrimp.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back