Bubble eye Black Moor

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Janelle

Reaction score
I added a big fat black moor, about 5 inches long, to my 55 gallon tank with my calico orandas. The tank has a few plants and some fake rocks. Today I noticed that one of my black moor's eyes is gone! It seems to have popped or something. He is swimming funny (kinda sideways) but he is still eating. I added some MelaFix in case it's infected. Is he going to be okay?

Has his eye completely gone (no longer attached to the body)?

black moores dont come bubble eyed (you may have found a black buble eye or had some nasty infection) but there eyes do bulge out of there heads. If its swimming funny I'd write it off fancy goldfish have very bad swim bladders and that often leads to there death.

Good Luck

Opcn

Oh yeah... I must have mistaken the bulging eyes as bubble eyes. Yes, his eye is completely off of his body. All that is there is a little round dent. I think he is swimming funny because of his missing eye. I am feeding him baby shrimp and peas.

Can you discribe what it looks like now, You say its eye has gone so all that is left is a hole were the eye was, yes meaning no eye ball.

I guess our replys crossed, the fish will swim badly as he can only see out of one side now, just keep a watch on it and continue with the melafix treatment to stop any infection.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back