Brine Shrimp

AgentOrange

Reaction score
i just wanna know where can i get brine shrimp and how do i breed em. Are there any sites on how to do it.

and are they sea monkeys :look:

You can buy brineshrimp eggs from any fish store and they are easily hatched with a little patience and some basic equipment,a empty lemonade bottle,a airstone and a airpummp are all that are needed.But unless you need freshly hatched brineshrimp for feeding fry or have a lot of fish that need live food it is far easier to just buy them ready hatched and grown to a decent size.

Oh and yes they are sea monkeys (much to the horror of our 5 year old son)

i have to agree with cfc... hey thats kinda catchy anyways yep they sell tubes of brine shrimp eggs on line also if your lfs doesnt stock them. they are not too hard to raise and allot of people like to raise their own brine shrimp to save a little bit of money... tho im not shure if they actually do save money. and the brine shrimp they use in aquamonkeys kits are bread to be slightly more expencive... oh i mean they are specially bread to hatch quicker (not noticed much of a difference) they are sposed to get bigger than normal brine shrim p and some other minor differences the leaflet mensiones its all to justify some guy coming up with a good idea and making lots of money out of it. i dont see why not... i wish i could come up with an idea like that.

:alien:

Hi Agent Orange

Are you in the UK?

If you are, you can get Brine Shrimp Eggs from Me. I will even offer you a small discount, as a member of this forum.
For prices check out by web site, link in my sig, Angel-Paradise, (still a very new site, so not much on it yet, other then the prices, and current special offers).

Here is a link to a site that tell you the best way to grow them.

Growing Brine Shrimp.

:D Yes mate i am im from leicester.

were you from?

thanx all of you u are a help

much love The Agent

im confused. . . when i ask about hatching brine shrimp to feed to my fish, ppl tell me that they only live three days. but on the package of sea monkey eggs, it says they live for several years.

Hi CuteChic

When you hatch brine shrinp eggs, like fish fry, they have a yoke sack. If you do not feed the brine shrimp they will consume the yoke and then die, this takes a few days. This is why people think that they only survive for a few days.

They will also die if you leave them in the hatching jar, due to bacterial growth.

See the link on growing them in earlier posts in this thred.

there was a post on breeding brine shrimp i remeber some on e saying it was very dificult

Hi Jamnog.

Breeding brine shrimp and growing on brine shrimp, is not hard. It just needs practice to get it right.

Easier than breeding fish :lol: :lol: :lol:

i wouldnt be so shure i think breedig fish can be a little too easy sometimes. plymouth is pretty close to chepstow do you want to buy some common jewel cichlids when they grow a little bit bigger?

Hi Jamnog

Buy Fish? With over 1000 gallons of water, and over 20 breeding pairs of fish, I do not have any room for new fish. Sorry.

I am going to start a growing/breeding tank of brine shrimp, when I have found a new home for the fish that are currently in the tank, and will post a guide as to what I do and how things go.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back