Breeding Jack Dempseys

AS PROMISED!!!!
DSCN4903.jpg

DSCN4902.jpg

DSCN4901.jpg

DSCN4900.jpg

DSCN4899.jpg

DSCN4897.jpg

They will be ready to go to new homes at the end of July! I'll be keeping bout 5-6 of them :p

Oh and the yellow one in the second picture is not an albino or anything. It's one of 3 Yellow lab fry that I rescued and am growing out until they are large enough to swim with the adult malawis. I know its unorthodox to keep em together, but all my water is the same (pH of about 8) nd since they are babies they don't seem to mind each other at all. In fact, all the fry school in a big pack. I also have my baby bns in that tank as well.

How many baby bn's do you have? Willing to ship? :hey: I love tanks full of fry, even platy fry were cute in a big huge group.

Wow! Congratulations! It must be hard letting them go :-( But all little fish have to fly the nest sometimes - oh ... erm mix of metaphors there.

Well done, success for you at last. They look great; if only I were closer...good luck selling them on!

:D I'm so tired of poorly maintained fish around here. I knew anything from your tanks would be healthy and happy :good:

:D I'm so tired of poorly maintained fish around here. I knew anything from your tanks would be healthy and happy :good:
I actually made some mistakes when the BNs bred, as I was not prepared for it. Lost a lot of babies to the other fish. Once my work schedules calms itself, I m going to set up a breeder specifically for them.

Adorable fish are adorable!

Im going to try and free up a tank so we can swap some fry. I have J.marlieri and L.ornatipinnis to trade.

Very nice fry!!! They seem very happy and healthy as well!

Well I recently had to move Jack and Diane into the fry tank as they didn't like the GT couple that we tried to give them as tankmates. So Diane resumed her motherly duties and watched over the many fry in the tank. But, I realized this morning that I am in a heap of trouble! I haven't rehomed any fry yet and this morning there were about 400 eggs on a rock!!! OH NO!!!!!!

You won't sell them on locally? You are in St. Louis, isn't there a local aquarium club you could auction them off? Then you'd get a little cash and they would go to responsible hobbyists.

I don't have a club close enough, its sad really.

I've been waiting till they got bigger to rehome them, but I see now that this is not going to happen. What I may do is set up my other 55g and move the fry into that tank until I can rehome them. I have two very good lfs's that will take them, but I would rather them go to good homes.

Most reactions

Back