Breeding Corydoras Hastatus (Fry Pictures!)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Question! Will the Cory fry rest on the side of the glass? Like it looks like how a pleco holds onto the glass

The plants DID introduce pond snails unfortunately, But I donā€™t mind too much, as long as they donā€™t eat my plants!

The plants DID introduce pond snails unfortunately, But I donā€™t mind too much, as long as they donā€™t eat my plants!
Depending on the snail, they shouldn't, but if I were you, I'd cull them as I see them, before they get out of hand...still, there may be eggs that haven't hatched yet

I am going to set up a little jar for them, hopefully I can get a pea puffer someday haha

I am going to set up a little jar for them, hopefully I can get a pea puffer someday haha

I would leave them in the tank for now. The common small snails like pond, bladder, or Malaysian Livebearing are harmless to plants, and a great cleaning crew in any tank. They will reproduce if food is available, and this does not mean special food--they eat organics like dead plant matter, fish excrement, etc, so the snail population is directly relevant to the food available, and you might be surprised how much there is for them--and their usefulness in eating this to brteak it down faster for use by bacteria or plants. Useful helpmates.

I would leave them in the tank for now. The common small snails like pond, bladder, or Malaysian Livebearing are harmless to plants, and a great cleaning crew in any tank. They will reproduce if food is available, and this does not mean special food--they eat organics like dead plant matter, fish excrement, etc, so the snail population is directly relevant to the food available, and you might be surprised how much there is for them--and their usefulness in eating this to brteak it down faster for use by bacteria or plants. Useful helpmates.
Oooo ok. I do not know why I didnā€™t see this yesterday! I only see one great big one right now. I accidentally squished one in the bag the plants came in. I went to pinch it with my fingers, to hold it still while I reached in to grab it, but it just..... smashed.

Exciting news! I just went to turn out my aquarium lights (I forgot, we have been on a weird schedule with my grandparents being in town and them staying in my bedroom) and I just peeked around the tank and was able to spot TWO Cory fry!!! AND new eggs on my new Dwarf Sag! Well, I shouldnā€™t take the credit for finding them haha. My mom and sister saw the new eggs first and head to take a whole minute trying to get me to see them lol. I know there were 6 eggs, at LEAST, laid that first day. I am hoping There are more than just the two fry in there right now, but it certainly seems like there are more on the way!!! I am so excited!!!

Also, I know Cory hastatus are hard to find, but would they be considered ā€œrareā€?

I planned on doing a water change this morning, is it safe with the fry in there or should I wait?

I planned on doing a water change this morning, is it safe with the fry in there or should I wait?
It's fine, just don't vacuum any of them up, lol...and be gentle when refilling the tank

It's fine, just don't vacuum any of them up, lol...and be gentle when refilling the tank
Ah ok! I am thinking about just holding a cup or jug under my filter so that the water spills into that, so I KNOW I wonā€™t accidentally get any

My grandparents are staying in my bedroom right now, so I will hav to go get permission to do a water change:dunno:

My grandparents left this morning, so I finally have my bedroom back, and I just peeked at the tank and spotted 6 fry!

Most reactions

trending

Back