Breeder sponge for Aquis 1250 filter

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

brendonjw

Fish Fanatic
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
So now that i know my corys have spawned once in my tank i'd like to try and give them as much opportunity to survive as possible.

How do people cover their intakes for canister filters? A specific sponge or something is what i was thinking to stop any babies getting sucked in. I was thinking just a bit of pantyhose over the intake but the flow might still be too much for them vs a sponge keeping a bit of distance. I don't want the solution to take up too much space and take over that corner of the tank either haha.

Anyway i'm happy to hear peoples solutions.

Ok so i think i need a pre-filter sponge. :)

Yes sponge covering your intake is a good option. If you can't find something that's specifically made to cover your intake you can try to make your own. Just cut a piece of sponge or even filter media like the blue and white one would work and just wrap the intake and you can either tie it off or use rubber bands. The filter media will clog faster than sponge so you just will have to keep your eye on it.

When my Cory spawned what I did was I removed the eggs from the tank and raise the eggs and fry / babies and an alternate tank with sponge filtration. Not sure if you want to go through that effort, also depends on if this is a quarry only tank so the eggs / fry are theoretically safe although Cory's will eat their own eggs.

My tanks not really setup to collet the eggs, (I've never even seen any in there) I'll get the pre-fillter and just just hope that some survive.

Attachments

• 20230520_155423.jpg
    20230520_155423.jpg
    401.9 KB · Views: 10

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back