Boxer peeing on parents BED!

BettaBoyz

Fishaholic
Reaction score
the culprit is Pepper, my 18 month old Boxer. she was and is spoiled rotten; we play with her, feed her, bathe her in love and affection. when she was oh-so-tiny she was allowed on my parents and brothers beds, but i had a problem with it.

ok, so now she's a monster. we still love her, but all she repays us with? jumping all over us, chewing things up, and the newfound 'let's pee on the bed!' phase.

how can we stop her? whenever she's caught on beds we get her off and give her a bum-smack and tell her she's bad, and when she goes to HER bed we tell her she's good. when she pees outside? 'GOOD girl! what a SMART girl!' and she still pees on the bed.

UNGH! i'm at wits end, my parents constantly argue after she pees. she does this at least once a week, and everytime it's after she gets up from sleeping. maybe she's marking her territory?

Is she left alone at the time she pees? She might be mad at them for leaving her alone and doing it on purpose.

nope, whenever we leave she's put in 'her' sun porch, and soon in a crate so that she won't freeze in winter and can stay in the living room while we're gone. she pees when people are with her, but not standing next to her when she pees.

Yea, this is strange.

I wish I could help. I've had dogs all my life and have studied their behaviours but never heard of this one.
I know that if you are gone and then come home and the dog pees when it sees you that it means it's showing you it's submissive and not overly-excited like so many people think. This is the closest thing I can think of for this.

Do you have any other animals in the house?

I bet crimsontsavo or canis_lupis might know tho. :nod:

check out Melissa Alexander's - Clicker Solutions - a positive dog training site - these people are quite amazing, know a lot about dogs, their problems, what causes them and come up with workable solutions to solving them

good luck - sue

how old is she? is she fully housebroken yet?
try not letting her into that room for a while. hard to say, but i don't think she's marking territory so much as she has to go when she wakes up and just doesn't make it to the door in time. do you have her on a regular potty schedule or do you have a doggy door for her?
is it definitely only happening once a week or more often? could be a medical issue?

well i don't have a dog but i've learned a lot about dogs and training in my efforts to get a dog. the best thing i can come up with is when she pees on the bed clean it up right away and completly ignore your dog. don't yell at her or anything just clean it up. she might be doing it to get attention or something like that and ignoring is one good gentle way to tell a dog they did something u don't want them to do...........hope this helps u can always search the net 4 help

Peeing is generally a submissive thing, if you pop along to this site you can ask the question in the guests forum or register and be able to leave replies to the people who leave solutions for you, I'm a member and found it to be a valuable source of information, much like this site. Champdogs

Robert

Hi, I too had a boxer for many years, until he died at the age of ten years old :( I too had the same problem with mine, peeing on beds!!! The amount of duvets I chucked away and high dry cleaning bills does not bear thinking about!! I never did find out why he did this but I can tell you this....it is even worse when you have two dogs!!! I had a boxer and a jack russell at the time and if Jake (boxer) peed on bed, Ricky(jack russell) did it too, over the top :blink: I can only assume with my dogs that it was territorial marking due to the fact both dogs were male. On another note I now have a patterdale terrier/jack russell cross who is only two years old and she did it on my bed last night :-( :-( We only noticed it when we climbed into bed.....sigh....cursed dogs, never again do I want another dog, never,ever. When this one has lived out her natural life, thats it, no more. Give me a cat and my fish anyday.

Sharon

have you potty trained it yet?? :lol: you could try nappies for the time being ;)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back