Black Moor white spot

Ryleeporter

New Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2020
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Points
1
Location
New York
I've had my Scuba Doo, my black moor, for about 8 months. Super happy and healthy little guy. I've noticed a white spot/growth on what looks like the anus area. I've looked it up and read other people's posts, and some say something about spawning? He's the only one in the tank though, so that's why I didn't know if that would be correct. Tank parameters are normal and he's not showing any signs of distress of sickness, and he poops normally so I'm just not sure what this is. I've attached a few pictures of the spot and just him in general just so other people can look at him just to make sure I'm not missing anything!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8938.webp
    IMG_8938.webp
    112.1 KB · Views: 698
  • IMG_8941.webp
    IMG_8941.webp
    118.6 KB · Views: 558
  • IMG_8963.webp
    IMG_8963.webp
    167.3 KB · Views: 562
  • IMG_9254.webp
    IMG_9254.webp
    184.6 KB · Views: 725
The fish looks fine. The area you circled is the fish's butt.
 
The fish looks like a female. I could be wrong, but my female goldfish have a “outie” which I call them, just like that. The males have a “innie”. It’s kinda hard to determine gender on fancy goldfish when people say the males are slimmer with their bodies, because fancies are bred to be more round. Anyways, very beautiful fish!
 
Goldfish very rarely get white spot. The only way is if they are in tropical tanks or warm water.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top