Bigger is better?

MattW29 145

Supporting Member
Staff member
5x Tank of the Month 🏆
Global Moderator ⚒️
Fish of the Month 🌟
Supporting Member ⭐
Joined
Jul 18, 2021
Messages
1,979
Reaction score
2,667
Points
113
Location
Greater Manchester
There are always comments on Aquariums that say bigger is better. What about filters? At 26.5 Inches tall, is it sufficient enough?

 
Just pop it in a 5 gallon...

In a large tank with tech to provide water flow and a good hiding place, why not. I guess.
 
1786647740825.webp

Think this is the best review of a filter I've seen so far.

1786647842567.webp

Also great packaging information
 
Bigger is often better. But for sure not always...
I've also got fish species overhere that don't prefer a clean tank . So, those tanks have a smaller filter. And a number also don't prefer a good waterflow.
So, I wouldn't claim that bigger is always better...
 
Okay ,so what’s the verdict on sponge filters ? Coarse or fine sponge material ? I’ve got both and can’t really detect any appreciable difference .
 
It probably a fraud just like that whole company and it's owner.
Edit: For context, go watch one of Cory's videos where he proclaims he's "a master aquatic horticulturist" as if it's an academic title earned by years of study.
When in fact it is an award given out by the Greater Seattle Aquarium Society for growing aquatic plants. It takes 400 "points" to achieve the title and you can get 60 of those points just by growing DUCKWEED. He's a fraud.
 
Last edited:

Most reactions

Back
Top