Big problems in Rio land

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Hi guys and girls 🙂

Just wanted to update you all on the situation

The retailer have been fantastic and got in touch with Juwel to start making me a new tank and they will deliver it to me when its done:D:D:D

And on top of that i wont have to get my tank to them, they have told me to do what i want with it 🙂

:band: happy days

Thank you all so much for you help and advise. Its very much appreciated

Out of interest (and feel free to direct message me this if you'd rather not post it), who was the retailer?

If my life calms down enough at some point and I find the energy to deal with the same problem on my Rio 450, it would be helpful to know if we have the same retailer and that they've been through this discussion with someone else already.

Amazing! I wonder if you could try repairing it then after they ship you the new one? Then you would have TWO awesome aquariums!
I going to try and get it professionally repaired i think but not sure yet what to do with it

Hi guys and girls 🙂

Just wanted to update you all on the situation

The retailer have been fantastic and got in touch with Juwel to start making me a new tank and they will deliver it to me when its done:D:D:D

And on top of that i wont have to get my tank to them, they have told me to do what i want with it 🙂

:band: happy days

Thank you all so much for you help and advise. Its very much appreciated
I see a reptile or frog tank in the future :)

Lol no bit bigger than apisto's

More like Amphilophus Festae's/Parachromis motaguensis's/Herichthys carpintis etc
Lol your Boucourti are bigger than all of them you’d have to go peacock bass, dovii or pearsai to get bigger haha!

Reallly glad you got sorted through

Wills

Lol no bit bigger than apisto's

More like Amphilophus Festae's/Parachromis motaguensis's/Herichthys carpintis etc
More serious chocolate cichlid are rather interesting fish... esp if you get a moody one that changes colours every few seconds.

Lol your Boucourti are bigger than all of them you’d have to go peacock bass, dovii or pearsai to get bigger haha!

Reallly glad you got sorted through

Wills
Haha your not wrong there Wills🤣

They are the main reason im wanting more bigger Cichlids tbf.

Last edited:
More serious chocolate cichlid are rather interesting fish... esp if you get a moody one that changes colours every few seconds.
Yeah they are lovely the chocolate Cichlids 😍

I really like the Vieja's aswel and lately im getting a soft spot for Oscars. I saw some bumble bee Oscars the other week what were just stunning.

One thing about the replacement aquarium.....

Seems odd that they are building a new one, when normally they would be a stock item in the manufacturer's warehouse and ready to ship to their various retailers.....which begs the question, will the replacement have glass bracing instead of the useless plastic?

If they use a more reinforced version of the plastic, that is a complete admission that the system fitted to the damaged aquarium is a bad design flaw.

One thing about the replacement aquarium.....

Seems odd that they are building a new one, when normally they would be a stock item in the manufacturer's warehouse and ready to ship to their various retailers.....which begs the question, will the replacement have glass bracing instead of the useless plastic?

If they use a more reinforced version of the plastic, that is a complete admission that the system fitted to the damaged aquarium is a bad design flaw.
It wont be off the shelf as they are only building me the bare tank, no filter, lighting etc.

"We have managed to get a new tank on order for you

Normally this would not be the case however due to the issues we have managed to secure a new tank

The new tank will need to be booked in for delivery once it arrives to us

In terms of the tank this will just be a bare tank without lights etc, it is simply a bare shell

The old tank we do not require back so this can be disposed of in your own time "

Most reactions

trending

Back