Faulty Juwel brace bars

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Are the acrylic tanks seamlesly molded or are they glued/ sonically welded? Abbeysdad's website has a link to a youtube interview with an engaging southern California aquarium shop owner who stated in their earthquake only the acrylic tanks failed.
Don't quote me on this being fact but I THINK they can be in either format.

Hi folk's, new to the forums. I came here after searching/google for .......... (Faulty Juwel brace bars), mine also is failing and coming away from the top frame. I was wondering what is a good silicone for the repair job? There are so many out there, and after watching so many youtube vids, alot of the top brands I am unable to source in the UK. Thanks.
Screenshot_20230520_161258_Chrome.jpg

I used this silicone on my Rio's when i repaired mine.

Just make sure whatever silicone you go for is aquarium safe 🙂

**** UPDATE Juwel Rio 450 Bracing Bar Failure *****

The retailer didn't want to know and said it was between me and Juwel and had nothing to do with him. At first, Juwel said there was nothing wrong but when I persisted they said they would repair my tank. They told me to send it back to the retailer's wholesaler. This shows me that they have no interest in the welfare of fish.

As outlined previously I have now brought the retailer to court here in the Republic of Ireland, in Portlaoise where I bought the tank. On hearing the evidence and seeing the photographs etc the judge ordered the retailer to give me a full refund within 14 days. The retailer was also ordered to travel the 100 miles to where I live and collect the faulty tank after I had bought a new tank to house my fish. The retailer has ignored the judge's orders and I am now escalating the case which will have further serious consequences.

Anyone thinking of buying one of these large Juwel tanks should take note of the foregoing. And be careful what they spend their money on.

Most reactions

trending

Back