Juwel Rio 450 Support/Brace Bar Enquiry

Joxerb

Reaction score
Could I ask a question about a Juwel Rio 450 I bought about a year ago please?

I noticed the top support bars have pulled away from the glass as can be seen in the photo attached. I am worried this may have comprised the structural integrity of the tank. I would be grateful for your expert opinion on this.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230211_203313_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20230211_203313_Gmail.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 56
This has come up before. I'll link the thread, it's interesting what Juwel had to say compared to what other members think.

Could I ask a question about a Juwel Rio 450 I bought about a year ago please?

I noticed the top support bars have pulled away from the glass as can be seen in the photo attached. I am worried this may have comprised the structural integrity of the tank. I would be grateful for your expert opinion on this.
Not a Juwel but a 4ftx18x18 my tank front glass started to bow so checked my brace bars and found it has come unstuck so I lowered the water level to reduce the bow and cut the other end away and cleaned it up and re sealed it. Good as new now but a worry at the time. Could your's still be under some sort of guarantee?

Ever since this first surfaced and contact was made to Juwel...they have now suddenly started producing replacement bars for their aquariums. Quite a few aquarium stockists have them or can get them on order

Funny that, eh?

My tank is only 13 months old, badly bowed on the front glass as brace bars have failed. Juwel has said this is not a problem so therefore the guarantee is not worth the paper it's written on. According to the Juwel website, the guarantee is for 2 years. Think again if you are deciding to buy a Juwel fish tank.

I have wasted 1,200 euros. They have my money and couldn't care less.

Most reactions

Back