Big problems in Rio land

@AquaBarb

Did the replacement come direct from Juwel or via the retailer?

If via the retailer, it would be interesting to know if they actually opened the box and checked for issues before they delivered it. Knowing the issue of the silicon and bracing existed, they SHOULD have checked to make sure that all was as it should be before loading it onto the van and delivering it to you....and they should have rejected the replacement themselves had they seen that the silicone is completely missing altogether this time around.

If the retailer just assumed the replacement was fine without opening the box....that is as bad as the manufacturing process cutting corners on quality control.
Tbh this is the only thing whats let the retailer down a little. I must say they have been fantastic otherwise.

Juwel sent the new tank to retailer first then they arranged delivery to me. Their trust in Juwel unfortuntely was a bad judgement.

Not great like you say but i can sort the issue out myself now i have a empty tank and dont have the pressure of stressing my fish out.

Ill set up the new tank after the brace bars are firmly in place and i sort a stand out then ill move the fish over so i can then sort my current tank out.

Just like to thank you all again for your advise and opinions throughout this whole thing. Your all super stars and a credit to the forum🙂

The retailer should have opened the box and checked the aquarium. They knew what the issue was, they should have checked the new one thoroughly to make sure it was 100% perfect.

I would certainly replace the plastic for glass...it should be easy to gently trim the plastic braces off the rim section with a sharp knife and then get glass strengtheners attached with silicone instead

At the end of the day you want to be able to use the replacement without the background worry of history repeating itself again 1 year, 2 years etc down the line. You should be able to relax and enjoy the aquarium...not be on tenterhooks wondering if the bracing is holding or not and worrying about accidently knocking it during maintenance or house work etc.

The entire experience has been absolutely abysmal...and adding insult to injury you are now having to repair the supposedly new aquarium before you even use it?

Personally they would not get away with that if I was in your shoes. There would be absolute hell to pay. Once they were chewed off a few bits, I would do my own strengthening with glass bracing that I knew was safe and that I knew would last without the worry.

@AquaBarb sorry to be bearer or bad news I’m in a tank showroom now and checked a Juwel Rio 450 and it is siliconed in.

This is in wharf aquatics btw

Wills
P.s how was your trip to wharf??

Just on a scouting mission for the 4ft Nic tank or did you come home with any new little friends 🙂

Was the pair off black nasties still in store? The male had such a great personality

Attachments

• 20220410_132614.jpg
    20220410_132614.jpg
    399.5 KB · Views: 17
The retailer should have opened the box and checked the aquarium. They knew what the issue was, they should have checked the new one thoroughly to make sure it was 100% perfect.

I would certainly replace the plastic for glass...it should be easy to gently trim the plastic braces off the rim section with a sharp knife and then get glass strengtheners attached with silicone instead

At the end of the day you want to be able to use the replacement without the background worry of history repeating itself again 1 year, 2 years etc down the line. You should be able to relax and enjoy the aquarium...not be on tenterhooks wondering if the bracing is holding or not and worrying about accidently knocking it during maintenance or house work etc.

The entire experience has been absolutely abysmal...and adding insult to injury you are now having to repair the supposedly new aquarium before you even use it?

Personally they would not get away with that if I was in your shoes. There would be absolute hell to pay. Once they were chewed off a few bits, I would do my own strengthening with glass bracing that I knew was safe and that I knew would last without the worry.
Ill be ok once they are actually attached properly and siliconed in. My issues are they wasnt done in the first place.

The back braces are still firmly in place and my 180s still as good as new so the design is fine if correctly siliconed to start with.

It isn't a good advert for Juwel...or the retailer....but Juwel especially will be patting themselves on the back for having so many decades of good reputation.

You buy an aquarium in good faith, it goes wrong and you go buy another one.....Juwel are quids in really, they cannot lose. The retailer can but not Juwel....unless enough people rally together as a group of dissatisfied customers and take it further.

P.s how was your trip to wharf??

Just on a scouting mission for the 4ft Nic tank or did you come home with any new little friends 🙂

Was the pair off black nasties still in store? The male had such a great personality

I've been down south for a work trip and stayed over last night, knew I was coming back past their junction on the M1 so had a stop off :) it was a scouting trip for that tank and they had a really nice female Nic but she didnt like me :( which made it easy to walk away lol. Not loads in (but very high standard) thing that stood out most this time was a group Red Phoenix Tropheus which were awesome and not something I'd seen before. Lots of tanks marked to keep empty so think they must be getting some new stock soon :)

Wills

Thanks for taking the time to look Wills.

They are indeed normal siliconed because my 180 is and other members have checked their juwel tanks to find that correct also.

Just baffles me that the silicone can be missed of my first tank on the front braces then missed of both sides of the new tank they built me because of that issue
Well they didn't build it for you - they took one that was in stock and perhaps it was a referb one that had been previously returned ?

I've been down south for a work trip and stayed over last night, knew I was coming back past their junction on the M1 so had a stop off :) it was a scouting trip for that tank and they had a really nice female Nic but she didnt like me :( which made it easy to walk away lol. Not loads in (but very high standard) thing that stood out most this time was a group Red Phoenix Tropheus which were awesome and not something I'd seen before. Lots of tanks marked to keep empty so think they must be getting some new stock soon :)

Wills
Oh cool 🙂 might be heading over in the next week or so to take some of my Ellioti fry so ill have a good gander at the new stock.

You dead right on the very high standard. I was impressed with their selection and quality when i went

Well they didn't build it for you - they took one that was in stock and perhaps it was a referb one that had been previously returned ?
Its definitely new but your right that it could just be one from stock.

It came with the filter box which i wasnt expecting.

If you were told it would come without the filter box, then yes you were sent a stock tank.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back