bid on a delta...got a veil...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Jac: Be sure that she knows that you are not responsible for the wellfare of the fish since it is her idea for you to send the fish back... I would hate to see you in the predicament where the returned fish... well, returned dead...

Subject: RE: marble mess
Username: Koolie_lwoch
Time/Date: Aug 25, 2004 1:04 PM CDT

Quoted from betta_lova ( RE: marble mess )

i get my bettas from Wuv and Marianne, mustard gas Bettas are the best!!!!!

OKAY! IM WARNING YOU! WHO EVER YOU ARE, STOP IT!

:lol: here is the forum times I think they all are posted in CDT no matter what time zone you are in. Also am I to assume he is talking with himself now :huh: if that is Lova he is showing up in CDT also...
I cant believe I am continueing this ..... :(

tekknocolor said:
Jac: Be sure that she knows that you are not responsible for the wellfare of the fish since it is her idea for you to send the fish back... I would hate to see you in the predicament where the returned fish... well, returned dead...
i asked her to help me with shipping them back just to make sure.

that would be awful if they were doa...

oh my gosh...i dont want to get into this mess again!

the poor fishies! :(
well they are in ial spas right now so hopefully they will be nice and healthy for the return trip...

I agree, that would be an awful mess... I guess just let her know that you take no responsibility for their arrival and that is what you were trying to avoid by giving the offer.

They are really working my last nerve. I think that it will be a cold day in h-e-double-hockey-sticks before I ever bid on Aquabid. As I just said in my last post in the Aquabid thread, it's a shame that a handful of Aquabid sellers acting like disrespectful children are going to cost the rest of the sellers future sales.

Ok, sorry to keep pounding this into the ground, but where does she get the nerve?!?! The street lights?!?!

Come on, she wants to be taken seriously?!?!?! What a ... well, better left unsaid, but get real, grow up. :grr: :/ :sly:

well-i go to ship these guys back, i have them in their bags and they start freaking out. i watched them for a while and decided that there was no way they would make it through the postal system alive.

2 of the 3 have been lethargic since i got them. (i thought they were just that way from being shipped but they havent perked up at all since i have had them-not even with ial treatment)
when they started fipping out in the bags, it worried me even more.
i dont want to eat 57 bucks but i dont want the fish to die (and i know if they do, i wont get my money back)

$57 spent on fish that i could have bought for $9.

*sigh*
i guess there are worse things...

aw. It's too bad shipping cost so much, i might have boughten them off of you . but with shipping charges, i don't think i could afford it.

I think i'm the only person in the world who is fond of veil tails. *^_^*

anyways, i know how you feel. I just got ripped off $50 on aquabid and it was my first time trying to buy a fish on the internet. *sigh* oh well.

BabbleFish said:
aw. It's too bad shipping cost so much, i might have boughten them off of you . but with shipping charges, i don't think i could afford it.

I think i'm the only person in the world who is fond of veil tails. *^_^*

anyways, i know how you feel. I just got ripped off $50 on aquabid and it was my first time trying to buy a fish on the internet. *sigh* oh well.
well i love veiltails too but i can get them for a little bit cheaper than that. :rolleyes:

which seller ripped you off?

:/ just spent nearly 2 hours reading this thread, all the way through i might add. My brain is frazzled. :crazy: anyways, im not going to go into the who is wrong and who is right. i just didnt realise that there were so many different types of betta :blink: All the years ive been keeing tropicals (about 20) and i have only ever seen the veiltails, at least that is what i now believe them to be called.
The avatars that i have been seeing of all the different bettas are just so gorgeous and i know that i have never seen anything like them in scotland. :-( i now so want some.
anyways, can some one post some pictures of different types and what they are called so i can sit and look at them in awe?
even a picture of the delta would be good :D

finaldynazty , why do you think it's not even the same fish? from where i sit it looks like either a. the seller had her camarah flash and lighting sources VERY bright to wash out the spotts and imperfections. or b. the picture was airbrushed and messed with.

but i'de like to know why you think that, i'm curiouse to be proven wrong ^_^

Sorry to hear you had such a bad time. I think it is the same fish. The white area on his back is in both pics, yours and hers. It is changing, as is the black spots on the face, but it is a marble, so it will change a good bit. . I have a few extra bettas, if you are interested. They are not the best from the spawn, but are from good lines, and carry the genes. You could get a few very nice fish from their spawn. Be a good place to start. The shipping will depend on where you are. I'll give you the fish to make up for your bad experience on aquabid. Let me know......f250fisherman

Here's a brother.. Neither are as nice as the ones I kept from that spawn. They will throw a few nice babies.

Attachments

• P7030015__640_x_480_.jpg
    P7030015__640_x_480_.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 61

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back