bid on a delta...got a veil...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Sorrell said:
Very true, I could give you good reccomendations and one to stay away from. :)

I stil think that 15 is fair and it could be dropped at that. Sure she's offering a full refund, but i have two concerns on that. First that the fish will probably be relisted as deltas and who knows who they will end up with this time. Secondly, these are live animals, it's not fair to them to have to be shipped that many times because they were misrepresented in the first place.

I hear ya cation, when I read the "rank beginner" comment, I was less than thrilled :sly:
thats what i think too but since she is offering to refund all of my money and pay the return shipping, i guess i cant turn it down. i know she wont let me have them for the wstarting price. i am truly broke now that i bought those fish and if i cant breed them, then i want my money back.

i havent checked the aquabid thread since this morning but assume there are a few more responses now...

...most likely from people who just skimmed the thread and who dont know the difference between a vt and a delta.
it really makes me mad when people dont take time to read the whole thread. they are just concerned with voicing their opinion and not reading everyone elses!

I agree Jac, most people won't take the time to read it now that it's so long, they read the first couple of posts then jump to the end and throw in their crap opinions. Oh well, at least we can all learn from this, be sure what we're bidding on, keep all emails confirming what you're bidding on and on't bid on this persons stuff, Lol.

I hope she comes through for you Jac and you get all your money back.

One other thing, I seriously doubt now she would relist this fish, at least as a Delta, as she knows we'll all be watching for it, and if it shows up we'll be jumping on the aquabid forums again, hahahahahaha She'd be a fool to do it now.

Linda

Betta...it's the way you've always acted in the past and present that make people believe it was you. If it truely wasn't you then take this as a lesson, start acting more mature on these boards if you want people to take you seriously and believe you when stuff like this happens. You've got such a bad name on these forums and it's only your own fault.

Linda

betta_lova said:
AND LOOK WHAT THIS SAYS Aug 25, 2004 11:57 AM CDT

11:57AM! ITS NOT EVEN 11 YET HERE IN VANCOUVER! ITS 10:50!
Just because I noticed this... CDT is Central daylight time... you're in Vancouver... that's in MT? That would be correct!

tekknocolor said:
betta_lova said:
AND LOOK WHAT THIS SAYS Aug 25, 2004 11:57 AM CDT

11:57AM! ITS NOT EVEN 11 YET HERE  IN VANCOUVER! ITS 10:50!
Just because I noticed this... CDT is Central daylight time... you're in Vancouver... that's in MT? That would be correct!
ok im hijacking my own thread too but i have always wondered...do you not go to school bettalova? you are always posting mid-day.

i guess i should ave asked in a pm. oh well... :(

school starts in september for us canadians :)

but i do agree with what linda has said, i couldnt' have said it better myself.

wuvmybetta said:
Jess said:
Hey,

Ive just read all of that stuff on the Aquabid site and thats kind of put me off buying from there. I was considering it when i get some bettas as i want one from Thailand! I dont know why but i do! Ive been told the really nice ones come from there too :) I really sympathise for Jac, that seems like a no win situation to me, neither trusts the other. I guess the only thing you can do is send the fish back and hope and pray that she'll send you the money you're owed!! I wouldn't imagine she'll send the money first!

I think ill stay away from online auction sites though...

Good Luck!

Jess
lol,cation.

Jess
I think most of the overseas sellers are pretty safe. I'm sure Sorrell could recommend one to you :nod:
I guess i shall be pestering Sorrell for names of who to trust and avoid when im looking for my bettas then! :D lol

Has this little erm... dispute been sorted? (Not the Betta_lova one! :D lol)

Poor bettas though, being shipped all around America! :( Hope they get back to 'Felicity' ok!!

Jess

shrks1fan said:
Um, Vancouver is Pacific time zone, not mountain

Linda
You're right, it is in PDT... wouldn't that make the time still correct? or is it two hours difference from CDT? I don't know... don't care... but thanks for correcting me... I hate giving out the wrong info. As I've said many times, you learn from mistakes.

Anyway, glad to hear there's a resolution to Jac's fish problem! :thumbs: Although, it does suck that the fish have to be stressed more than need be. -_-

Jess said:
wuvmybetta said:
Jess said:
Hey,

Ive just read all of that stuff on the Aquabid site and thats kind of put me off buying from there.  I was considering it when i get some bettas as i want one from Thailand!  I dont know why but i do!  Ive been told the really nice ones come from there too :)  I really sympathise for Jac, that seems like a no win situation to me, neither trusts the other.  I guess the only thing you can do is send the fish back and hope and pray that she'll send you the money you're owed!!  I wouldn't imagine she'll send the money first! 

I think ill stay away from online auction sites though...

Good Luck!

Jess
lol,cation.

Jess
I think most of the overseas sellers are pretty safe. I'm sure Sorrell could recommend one to you :nod:
I guess i shall be pestering Sorrell for names of who to trust and avoid when im looking for my bettas then! :D lol

Has this little erm... dispute been sorted? (Not the Betta_lova one! :D lol)

Poor bettas though, being shipped all around America! :( Hope they get back to 'Felicity' ok!!

Jess
well-i posted in the aqauabid forum that i would accept her offer but she needs to email me to get my correct address (this fish were sent to where i was on vacation) so she can send me the return mailing label.

the fish will only be going from alabama to florida though so hopefully (knock on wood) they will be ok.

i really DO hope it turns out ok...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back